Any hunters out there?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well pleased with the early activity. Doe's bring in the Bucks come rutting time, however i want some good tender meat soon.... if we get some rain, plan on planting some oats and Crimson clover as corn prices are bit up this year... plus that will give them extra minerals and vitamins they don't get much of in the corn. I brought the tractor in on Sunday with the front end bucket and cultivator on the back to clear out a bunch dead under brush on the ground and ground clutter so there won't be as much competition when i plant. the total clearing is about 1/4 acre and this on the edge of it.

WGI-0312.jpg
WGI-0309.jpg

WGI-0237.jpg
WGI-0231.jpg

WGI-0306.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Waiting on bow season to start October 1, if I can get through the next three weeks without being hospitalized or dying from Covid.. Currently in quarantine till the 26th of this month due to immediate family member testing positive.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve got to wait until the end of November. I’ve hunted every year since 1959, except the year we were dealing with cancer. Talked to the land owner where I hunt this last weekend and he says he’s already seen 5 8 pointers, 2 10 pointers and half dozen smaller bucks in the field out his kitchen window. Most will be gone with the archery and muzzleloader season before gun, but if it’s not too wet I’ll be down in the swamp where they hide.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i keep saying, "maybe next year I'll try Archery"......you know how that goes...
The last 2 years we've had a 1 week extension to the Whitetail season, Nov. 4th to january 16th.
Dove season got extended as well from 9/1 to 10/31...

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hog hunting on the ground with NO dogs. Looking for a rush, this is it.

Anyone have a hog problem destroying their land?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Hog hunting on the ground with NO dogs. Looking for a rush, this is it.

Anyone have a hog problem destroying their land?
Over 7 million here in Texas.. We used to have tons on our 200 acre lease, haven't seen any in weeks.. Matter of fact, they haven't even found the corn yet. Which is fine by me.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
i keep saying, "maybe next year I'll try Archery"......you know how that goes...
The last 2 years we've had a 1 week extension to the Whitetail season, Nov. 4th to january 16th.
Dove season got extended as well from 9/1 to 10/31...
Been bowhunting since age 10, 43 years ago. Never had the urge to firearm hunt. Like getting close. My closest bow kill was 10 feet while on the ground.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I tried bow hunting a couple years, but had to stay to focused to do my favorite pastime while sitting in the stand. For those hunters who understand, has to do with your chin on your chest.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have more visitors that I am getting in a week off of three cameras.