am i losing my "knack"?????

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea inquiring minds need ta know..

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had to blow out the passage to the pilot jet and drill out the pilot jet to get it to idle smoothly. When cust picked it up he was pretty happy. He said he could never idle it down below half throttle or it starting surging and died since rhe day he bought it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When I suspect that a jet is just too small, I slip the colour tune in to verify it.
If the carb has been cleaned fully & properly ( at least twice ) then it is out with the jet drills
Note jet drills and micro drills are not the same things as Jet drills are designed to leave a smooth finish and are numbers according to their flow rate under gravity and not the diameter of the hole.
Micro drills ( used mostly for cleaning are about $ 20 a set
Jet drills only ever used for enlarging a jet hole are around $ 200 a set
A racing friend has a set of jet hones and they were over a grand

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
When I suspect that a jet is just too small, I slip the colour tune in to verify it.
If the carb has been cleaned fully & properly ( at least twice ) then it is out with the jet drills
Note jet drills and micro drills are not the same things as Jet drills are designed to leave a smooth finish and are numbers according to their flow rate under gravity and not the diameter of the hole.
Don’t forget to check for air leaks that will cause surging. I have about a 90% success rate with cleaning carburetors with carb cleaner, small wire and air compressor. Will drill out pilot jet if it continues to surge. Otherwise, use carburetors from Amazon and have had really good results.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought some jet drills but they were just too big as they were for automotive carbs. I use the cheap micro drills. Seem to work fine.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
this generator makes the 8th Honda GX engine i've worked on within the last 12 months to have the spark plug misfire issue, as well.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had a couple Honda engines come in that would start and idle but as soon as a load was put on them they would die. Replaced the spark plugs and fixed the problem.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
been having quite a few lately. don't know why. shouldn't be.
I'm in my Prime.

It sort of redefines "easy jobs," doesn't it? Maybe you've got what I get during the winter time. The "don't wanna do's." I tend to rush through things that I have to do, during the winter, like it's woke me from hibernating or something.

"Rush" may have been the wrong word. More like not being as careful or precise.