Add Oil Cooler to Raptor SD - Kawasaki Fr691v

BEYTILL

Threads
So when the engine vibrations rub a hole in the filter and trashes your engine........ Hope your yard is perfectly flat.

Must admit, cool mod you did. Thing is you want your oil good and hot. Gets rid of moisture for one. Day temps 95+, night around 65F. Condensation in the oil sump.
LMFAO! Trim the fender. It’s 1/4 of a 3” radius and soft crappy plastic.

BEYTILL

Threads
This adapter is solid and heavy! It will definitely draw heat out of the oil……putting it on right now….and yes, I’m trimming my fender. It will make changing the filter easier.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
take a look at some of the sandwich oil filter adapters or VW TYpe 4 Oil Filter Relocation adapter. They can be added instead of a filter and then lines routed thru a cooler and filter. The advantage of a larger filter is less restriction because there is more surface area.

1731-2.jpg

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always let the engine idle a while in the shade or make a couple slow idle laps around the yard to help cool the engine and oil off before shutting it down.
Hope your engine is a full pressure lube and water cooled.

If yours is an oil slinger and air cooled, not recommended to idle this type down. Briggs states run at max revs all the time for max durability and longevity.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I give it a minute or so to allow the temperature to stabilize a bit, letting some of the heat disperse across the engine. I’ve never been a fan of working something hard and just shutting it down immediately, mainly from my days of working on diesels with turbos that like to cook the oil in the turbo bearings.
Most of these are not Diesels. Most are normal air cooled engines that are made to run at max revs ALL the time. 2 stroke trimmers and chain saws run at full zip from a dead start. Mower engines the same.

Best running mowers I've seen and non oil burners have been the ones that when you start them they are at full revs. No throttle adjustments. Plug runs cleaner and such.

Your logic doesn't fit outdoor power equipment. Now I know gas is 5 bucks a gallon now. Maybe you are idling down to save money LOL? I didn't vote for that "person".

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
it takes time for the water passing through the oil cooler to lower the oil temps as well as for the egt’s to drop.
Water extracts heat 7 times faster than air. More time, maybe but not anything to lose sleep over. EGT's?? Really? on normally aspirated mower engines? That is what you are worried about? You must have a Power Stroke Diesel on yours.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Plastic fender is not going to rub a hole in a steel oil filter??
Not on my mower it's not. You know how thin these filter cases are. Likely, not really. Possible yes. Worth risking a multi thousand dollar engine no.