A web page is slowing down your browser

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Telling me I need to change browsers and add an ad blocker is unacceptable. I have no problems with any other sires. We are talking about the members who use the site the most often (About a dozen) and they are the ones who provide 95% of the answers being asked. On top of that the admin is not even taking the time to tell us they are working on it. I’m starting to assume we are not even near the top of the list of members they want here. They post that there are 97,000+ members, of which 96,900 don’t show up anymore, so why worry about the 12 of us? You are close to burning this bridge if something doesn’t change soon.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Horrible this morning.. Freezes up for about 1 minute then works fine for a few seconds then it freezes up again...
?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if that banner is a sort of click bait, see how many respond by clicking on stop or wait in the message? Has to be some reason for that to continue interrupting the forum.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
47cs72.jpg

Lawn Addict
Threads
bert, rivets, hammer et al--I understand the frustration.

I run Firefox 77.0.1 64-bit. I assume this is the latest version because it updates itself. I also run Adblock Plus. Right now, it's showing 19 things being blocked.

The time between banners varies a lot. This morning, I haven't seen one yet. When one pops up, I click on the 'stop it' button and I'm able to resume. I have never been hung up for the length of time that some posters mention.

I know it's frustrating, but if you try Firefox and AdBlock, you should have the same result as me, which is Not Perfect, But Not Terribly Bad, Either.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. But if you're set on leaving, please check in from time to time to see if the issue has been resolved. Your experience and knowledge are too valuable to kiss goodbye.

Firefox latest is 78.0.1 (64 bit)... If you change the settings to "Strict" from "Standard" you will get NO ADS..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you get locked out of many sites because of the adblocker? I'm starting to get a lot of this with the Ghostery blocker.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you get locked out of many sites because of the adblocker? I'm starting to get a lot of this with the Ghostery blocker.
I have not noticed being locked out of anything.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Same here. I'm not even having trouble here.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The only places I've been locked out of is news websites for having the ad block.
This thing froze up on me 3 times to write this.
Gettin old...

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
At the bottom of this page is a tab that says 'contact I just used it to hopefully get a hold of the webmaster/Admin staff...