A web page is slowing down your browser

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sometimes for me it works fine and the next I have to wait up to a minute before I can click on a thread link, other times I can go through about three pages and then have to wait up to a minute for the back button to go to the previous page, and get the page not responding box most of the time.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Found my issue, A water main break in Atlanta cut off my ISP email, last night. But I could go here & Ebay etc.

Alaguy

Threads
This is the only site that is freezing up for me, and I have ad blocker running. This problem started 3 or 4 days ago for me , I'm running Chrome. I guess I'll be gone for a while until this problem is resolved.

deminin

Threads
No slowdowns here....or anywhere else on the Web. I have 100MBS Fiber optic service, and run ABP to block the ads. Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge are all doing great, and I use Chrome for 90% of my browsing.

Lawn Addict
Threads
No slowdowns here either. But I have my settings set to STRICT. So I don't see any ads or BS.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Right now ABP shows 21 ads being blocked. A sampling of other sites I use show from 1 up to 7. This site is being bombarded with ads.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here the number of ads being blocked here with Noscript set with temporary premissions.
ABP results here with NoScript temporary disabled.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is not the actaul number of adds that are being loaded.
They are using 1 less container than before.
There used to be continious galley adds on both sides of the page plus a strip add in the page & a strip add under the page.
The left hand galley add has been abandoned and the right hand galley add is now a single add where as before it was continous strip so we got several add one on top of another. .
Now there is a single galley container on the right with a single add in it
The problem is the strip adds that appear in the text & below it.
I have been monitoring this morning while having a cuppa and again it is the script that is snooping on your computer to decide which adds to load that is taking all of the processing time.
The retrevial of the adds happens so fast I can barely read the links then we get "waiting for lawnworld" for up to 5 seconds then a response from an add server in under a second then back to "waiting for lawnworld "
This cycles through for near a minute then once LAWNWORLD has decided what they want you to see ( or who they will be billing for the adds ) the page behaves normally and this included refreshing the displayed adds every 15 to 30 seconds.
There is no delay when this is happening so it is not network congestion it is Lawnworlds poorly written script and the fact that it runs each & every time a page is opened where as it should only run once per session.
Or it is Enzoic's cleverly written script that lawnworld has blindly installed that is snooping on your drive ( and I think mail ) to harvest information while pretending to be assembling adds.

The galley adds load fine & quickly the problem is with the bannar adds , same as before when the bannar adds did not have a fixed display size so the window continually redrew so the page was impossible to navigate around with a mouse.
SO there is a 4 second window from the time you open a window before the bannar add hyjacks your processor so if you open a page, view it & close it within 4 seconds you get a normal viewing experience.

THis current attempt to raise revenue will probably be the end of this forum.
If I had a problem I could not understand with my mower & was seeking help the last thing i would want i to have a problem with a forum that I was seeking help from and it will only take a few weeks of this to push all of the traffic from this site to other
sites , Jacks forum has been growing substantially as has outdoor equipment & even My Mower Forum while this one is getting smaller every day.

And once again I am out of here for today.
Sorry for all those I may have been able to assist but trying to help others with both hands tied behind my back is a bridge too far.
See you all tomorrow, perhaps.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mine locked up twice on me tonight.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine locked up twice on me tonight.
BUT did you enjoy looking at all the new car, motorcycles, home mortgage loans, furniture ads, the stop using toilet paper ads and those sexy new summer blouses in some skinny girls size? :rolleyes: Go to another PAGE and you will get more love.

slomo