49065-0721 Kawasaki OEM Oil Filter replaces 49065-7007

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / 49065-0721 Kawasaki OEM Oil Filter replaces 49065-7007
It's called 'capitalism.'

Admittedly, it's the worst economic system out there--except for all the rest.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's called 'capitalism.'

Admittedly, it's the worst economic system out there--except for all the rest.
It's called brainwashing and massive corperate greed,
50 years ago companies made good products and people paid a reasonable price for them.
Then we learned how to do mass brainwashing through advertising and in particular product placement .
Then we were convinced that we had to have everything and we have to have it now.

Think of all of the advertisement that subliminally told you that old = looser
Thinks of all of the TV where again the good guys had new everything & the bad guys had old everything.
Think of all the advertisements spruking the lie that a retreaded tyre will kill you & your family and re-refined oil will make your car blow up.
The end result is a mountain of worn out tyres that regularly "accidentially" catch fire and reprocessed oil only being available to railways & trucking companies.

AVB

Threads
Or we can elect a crook and lair as we did for president that is erasing all of the rules limiting the greed. Just my opinion BTW. Yes my books are looking like I am doing a lot more in business but bottom line is worst now than before. The only one organization that making out like bandit is the tax people. What worst my wages haven't gone up but my expenses have.

A good example of the resulting costs is a Stihl drive shaft that I paid $15 for in 2017 is now $36.45. More than double in price and not meanting the Zama carburetor kits which jumped 3-4X for the Stihl products.

Yes corporate greed is totally uncheck now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The occupant of the big chair makes no difference it is the occupants of the board rooms that cause the problems.
Remember the decade when "Greed was good"
This was followed by the triple bottom line where companies had to squeeze every last drop of profit .
Then there was the large testicle decade when you had to "own the market" , usually by buying out your competitors or dropping your prices to a level that they can not meet.
Now we have the KPI era where executives set themselves meaningless target to achieve in order to pay themselves massive bonuses.
The EU tried to bring in manditory service life for consumer durable products but it got voted down because manufacturing now days is so dependent upon high annual sales of new models, because the prices are so low there is not sufficient profit per unit sold to maintain the factory should volumes drop.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's called brainwashing and massive corperate greed,
50 years ago companies made good products and people paid a reasonable price for them.
Then we learned how to do mass brainwashing through advertising and in particular product placement .
Then we were convinced that we had to have everything and we have to have it now.

Think of all of the advertisement that subliminally told you that old = looser
Thinks of all of the TV where again the good guys had new everything & the bad guys had old everything.
Think of all the advertisements spruking the lie that a retreaded tyre will kill you & your family and re-refined oil will make your car blow up.
The end result is a mountain of worn out tyres that regularly "accidentially" catch fire and reprocessed oil only being available to railways & trucking companies.

Sure, there is corporate greed but also what you're seeing is consumers acting in what they believe to be their own financial best interest.

They run the gamut from those who'll spend $15k on a top-dollar JD or ZT to the Big Box Store customer. A lot of people can't afford to buy the best lawnmower without having to do without something else they need.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought no politics was permitted on this forum.. Admittedly that was just skimming it, but a different forum I frequent has had that snowball into a battle of BS.

I'm out..

Lawn Addict
Threads
ILENGINE- I thought the official Kawasaki engine site would show it, but no.

I see in description to the new # that it now has by-pass & anti drain back... Shows on the OE Kaw box both numbers as the new # replacing the old number.

I just don't like change I guess.. Thank You Sir, Much appreciated as always.

I just compared to the 'new replacement' that Kawasakiengines.com has no info on this new filter. And it is a lot smaller. Both in length & OD.
I think the it should work, but I may just send them back. :mad:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Looks like small engine wharehouse still has the 7007 in stock

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes that's what it shows, but not what it shipped. :rolleyes:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yes that's what it shows, but not what it shipped. :rolleyes:
Sue 'em for false advertising?:ROFLMAO:;)
I saw quite a few on ebay of the 7007 and no one mentioned the numbers being different. Who knows.