44S977-0032-G1 Engine Wiring

ncysys

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 44S977-0032-G1 engine to replace my failed engine. Does anyone know what the wires are for this engine? There are 3 colored wires Red goes to the voltage rectifier and regulator, There is a grey wire which I am assuming is the fuel cut off solenoid. And there is a Black wire which I think is the magneto +12V . Can anyone confirm the wiring. None of the B&S documentation provides this information. Thanks

20240526_142234.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never assume anything when it comes to wiring,, Check
The solenoid wires will be clearly visible under the carb
The magneto wire is a ground wire & the tiniest amount of power on that wire will fry the timing chip .
Now if you have to make new plugs then battery voltage all the time goes to the rectifier battery voltage when the key is on goes to the fuel solenoid and nothing when on & ground when off goes to the coil

ncysys

Forum Newbie
Threads
Never assume anything when it comes to wiring,, Check
The solenoid wires will be clearly visible under the carb
The magneto wire is a ground wire & the tiniest amount of power on that wire will fry the timing chip .
Now if you have to make new plugs then battery voltage all the time goes to the rectifier battery voltage when the key is on goes to the fuel solenoid and nothing when on & ground when off goes to the coil
Thanks I will check on your suggestions.

ncysys

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have confirmed the wiring for the 44S977-0032-G1 engine.
Red goes to the fusable link which then connects to the battery.
Grey wire goes to the switched +12v to enable fuel solenoid.
Black wire is Magneto shut off, When the key is turned off, the wire is grounded to stop engine. It is unconnected when ignition switch is turned on.
Ground is connected to the engine case and chassis.