2012 Classic T Electrical Issues

Grhopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
While moving the wire harness around I started to hear the low oil pressure tone. It only sounded when I had the harness in a certain position. I began testing the fuses for continuity. They all looked fine visually, but the top one didn't have continuity. I replaced all 3 fuses and the mower is running again.

I still have the issue that I can't start the mower with the switch. I replaced the key switch and the PTO switch. I also tested the seat switch, 2 arm switched and the break switch for continuity. They seem to be working fine. Someone I spoke with said that I probably have a short on a ground wire somewhere. The only wiring that I see that has an issue is the 12v accessory port. It looks like it was cut off. Would that cause issues?

Reminder, to start the mower I turn the switch to on and jump from the positive terminal on the battery to where the blue wire connects to the starter. After the engine starts I disconnect that jump wire and cut the grass. Turn the switch to off when done.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have a wiring / switch problem
To help you further we need the full model & serial so we can check the wiring diagrams
Dixie usually use some relays in the starting circuit
If the lap bar & parking brake switches have only 2 pins then a relay or control module is used.
If they have 4 pins then it will be a simple daisy chain

Grhopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
2012 Classic T 2750 serial # 12CT2750KWGTPXXXX

The lap bar switches have 4 pins and the brake switch has 6. All 3 of those switches tested correctly.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
2012 Classic T 2750 serial # 12CT2750KWGTPXXXX

The lap bar switches have 4 pins and the brake switch has 6. All 3 of those switches tested correctly.
My normal method of diagnosing these problems is to bypass the switches one at a time by jumping the plugs
If that does not work I bypass the wiring by jumping from one plug to the next one
If it starts to look a bit overly complicated then I pull the kill wires off the coils just so I don't accidently send voltage down a kill wire

I will see if I can't dig up a schmetic from some where .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remember the kid in drawing class who grabbed every colour pencil and used every one in every drawing ?
Well looks like he has done growed up and now works for Dixie Chopper and uses the same pencils to draw their wiring diagrams.
And they are about as useful as his drawings of "my doggy"
   2012-classic-twirel.jpg
   2012-classic-twire2.jpg

Now if you can follow the colours without spinning out.
The starting solenoid power comes from D terminal on the key switch ( again connection from B to D not shown ) via the dark blue wire to the PTO switch where it changes colour to light blue
Then it goes to the right lap bar switch where it changes colour again to dark blue or perhaps purple
This goes to the brake switch when it turns light blue again
Next is the Left lap bar switch when it turns dark blue and from there to the engine plug and the starter solenoid, ( not shown but a good guess )
More of a pansy chain than a daisy chain but there you have it ,
Just be thankful they did not toss some relays in there for the fun of it