1998 Ford explorer V8 awd for lawn care

I been pulling with my bumper hitch for 12 years now. But the mountaineer is a class up from the explorer.
I run air shocks on the back Just don't put the rear end up to much higher than the front or you will wear the ball joints out fast.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
I pick-up and deliver all my repair jobs with a Toyota camry and trailer. The heavy lawn tractors I put most of the weight over the trailer axle and most of the lawn mowers don't weight much. The biggest problem I have with this outfit is loading a heavy lawn tractor that won't run.
 
It's not as bad as it sounds but I will be replacing shocks and leaf spring shackles and anything else that needs to b replaced
 
The mountaineer is the same exact truck but it might have more interior features. The engine and transmission are the same
 
boston said:
The mountaineer is the same exact truck but it might have more interior features. The engine and transmission are the same

You might want to check your facts a little bit.
The mountaineer has the up graded suspension
Does not have leaf springs.
Has the heavy duty rear end.
Has a larger drive shaft.
Rear disk brakes.
Bigger sway bars front and back.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Both the Mountaineer and Explorer are mid-size sport utility vehicles (SUV) the mountaineer was sold by the Mercury division of Ford Motors, from 1997 until 2010. Sharing many of its features with the Explorer, the vehicles were virtually identical, in terms of hardware. Externally, they were styled somewhat different, and the Mountaineer was positioned with a more upscale interior, which made the Mountaineer's list price somewhat more expensive than the Explorer. Different packages were available on both (SUV) models. The wife owned the Mountaineer for five years, (white with gray interior with the 302) I questioned a reliable Ford mechanic at the time about the frames and were told they were both on the same frame as the Ford Ranger.
 
Ric said:
Both the Mountaineer and Explorer are mid-size sport utility vehicles (SUV) the mountaineer was sold by the Mercury division of Ford Motors, from 1997 until 2010. Sharing many of its features with the Explorer, the vehicles were virtually identical, in terms of hardware. Externally, they were styled somewhat different, and the Mountaineer was positioned with a more upscale interior, which made the Mountaineer's list price somewhat more expensive than the Explorer. Different packages were available on both (SUV) models. The wife owned the Mountaineer for five years, (white with gray interior with the 302) I questioned a reliable Ford mechanic at the time about the frames and were told they were both on the same frame as the Ford Ranger.

I am glad you could clear this up for us.
I knew if anyone would know it would be you.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Back
Top