07 Dixie losses power

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Definitely carburetor there. It is kinda a pain to get off too as it is setup like the Exmark I did recently. The air filter has to be take a loose just to get the air cleaner to carburetor adapter off due breather hose adapter. Then the two carburetor studs has to be removed to get the carburetor off. Not hard to do; just time assuming aggravating setup.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank-you for all that information HLW I will try to see if it has any codes. Never knew there was a way to read codes or that it had an ECM if I knew that I would have never bought it. I like old stuff that never breaks. Never knew that just dirt build up on an engine could put you in limp mode which is what I think it's doing. Maybe it could be as simple as washing the motor would cure it ?
I would not wash it with water electrical parts don't like water.
according to the serial no.

Yuke

Threads
Definitely carburetor there. It is kinda a pain to get off too as it is setup like the Exmark I did recently. The air filter has to be take a loose just to get the air cleaner to carburetor adapter off due breather hose adapter. Then the two carburetor studs has to be removed to get the carburetor off. Not hard to do; just time assuming aggravating setup.
Yes sounds frustrating I don't think I'm going to mess with that at this point yet because I really don't think a carb could go back and forth so often like clogged not clogged. I think I will use it some more and next time the engine slows down to half throttle I will pull a spark plug wire one at a time and see if the engine stops or not. I will update next time I use it.

Yuke

Threads
Yes some how I have to narrow it down. Thanx

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It would definitely be easier to troubleshoot if the problem wasn't intermittent. Problems like this can drive you nuts and it is the reason I have 6 acres to mow for testing mowers that have these problems as you got to test while it is screwing up.

There are days that I just wish to pull out my Commache III and shoot the equipment putting it out of my and its misery.:LOL: My pond water is already full holes.

Yuke

Threads
Ok since my last post I used the mower 2 times. First time I used it worked fine total time about .5 hr. When I used it today after about 15 min. of running the rpm. dropped in half drove it back to shop and pulled the plug wires 1 at a time first one I pulled on right rear engine stopped would not run telling me problem cylinder is on left. When I put right rear plug wire on engine would run. Then when I put the left one back on engine ran at full rpm again and for about another .5 hr. till I fi ished. So I guess my problem is in either plug or coil on left side of engine? Should I purchase a coil n plug for this? Is there a difference between left and right coils? Is it hard to put on?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the kill wires on the coils and see what it does

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take both off
A faulty coil can cause the other one to spark at the wrong time