07 Dixie losses power

Yuke

Threads
Yes my 07 Dixie with 27 hp. EFI engine losses power big time. Very strange that it comes and goes. I put another fuel filter on wich did nothing . I was leaning towards a fuel issue or possibly coil? Has anyone else has this issue?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Can be just be a bad spark plug wire terminal losing contact.I have seen this on non EFI engines.

Just a side note here as I have yet to have lawn mowers in the shop with EFI engines.

Yuke

Threads
Thank You for the reply . I will check that .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Air or water cooled engine?

Yuke

Threads
It is an air cooled 27 h.p. on a Dixie Chopper, Kohler fuel injected. Problem seems electronic as it does tend to correct itself but shortly goes back to like half throttle. Mower was made in 07. I own it about 2-3 yrs. I am leaning towards a coil going bad.

skiman

Threads
first off i dont believe kohler made EFI engines in 07...they still made DAS coils...Digital Advanced Spark...with external control box on the commands and electronics buried in the coils of the courage engines...if you have a 3 prong plug going to your coil its a DAS setup...the fix is to go back to conventional coils...kohler sells a kit to do this...the commands requires both the coils and flywheels to change and the courage just needs the coils changed out...the DAS was done to get more hp at the top end from a smaller engine...OEM Engines sells these kits

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
first off i dont believe kohler made EFI engines in 07...they still made DAS coils...Digital Advanced Spark...with external control box on the commands and electronics buried in the coils of the courage engines...if you have a 3 prong plug going to your coil its a DAS setup...the fix is to go back to conventional coils...kohler sells a kit to do this...the commands requires both the coils and flywheels to change and the courage just needs the coils changed out...the DAS was done to get more hp at the top end from a smaller engine...OEM Engines sells these kits
Kohler’s EFI engine technology was first put into action by mower-maker Walker Manufacturing in 1998. Today, Kohler’s EFI System is available on seven different brands of commercial lawnmowers, and that number could grow to 19 by the end of this year.

So yes it is possible that the DC has an EFI setup. But do need the model and spec numbers off the engine to be sure.

skiman

Threads
Kohler’s EFI engine technology was first put into action by mower-maker Walker Manufacturing in 1998. Today, Kohler’s EFI System is available on seven different brands of commercial lawnmowers, and that number could grow to 19 by the end of this year.

So yes it is possible that the DC has an EFI setup. But do need the model and spec numbers off the engine to be sure.
i did say i dont believe...didnt say it was a fact...was pointing out another possibility to the problem at hand...

Yuke

Threads
The engine # is ( 3611516501). I know the mower was made in 10/06 and sold in spring of 07. The model mower is XWF2700-60 Quad Loop . I say it's an EFI electronic fuel injected motor because I do not see a carb on it. I am leaning towards a coil going out because of the symptoms. Seems to start acting up after it warms up about 30 min. into cutting and the more strain or full cut or higher grass. It usually slows to about 1/2 throttle then speeds up to full throttle but does not hold 30 seconds then slows back down again. I hate to cut grass at 1/2 throttle or 1600 rpm. as I know that's hard on the engine. So far I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned air filter and tried no air filter momentarily, cleaned both spark plugs on one the tip was corroded cleaned that and pulled 1 spark plug at a time when running and each had an effect on engine speed so I think both cyls. are firing. Problem seems to arise when mower is at operating temp. and under load. It got so bad last time cutting the mower stopped problem seems to be getting worse with every use. I think I would like to get either a spark plug or a coil checker under load tester but do not know what brand is good.

skiman

Threads
The engine # is ( 3611516501). I know the mower was made in 10/06 and sold in spring of 07. The model mower is XWF2700-60 Quad Loop . I say it's an EFI electronic fuel injected motor because I do not see a carb on it. I am leaning towards a coil going out because of the symptoms. Seems to start acting up after it warms up about 30 min. into cutting and the more strain or full cut or higher grass. It usually slows to about 1/2 throttle then speeds up to full throttle but does not hold 30 seconds then slows back down again. I hate to cut grass at 1/2 throttle or 1600 rpm. as I know that's hard on the engine. So far I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned air filter and tried no air filter momentarily, cleaned both spark plugs on one the tip was corroded cleaned that and pulled 1 spark plug at a time when running and each had an effect on engine speed so I think both cyls. are firing. Problem seems to arise when mower is at operating temp. and under load. It got so bad last time cutting the mower stopped problem seems to be getting worse with every use. I think I would like to get either a spark plug or a coil checker under load tester but do not know what brand is good.
whats the actual male of the engine.. take a photo of the model no.and post it here...