zt2800 do i really need it?

new2lawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys really enjoying the forum.
I am a new homeowner with a little less then 1 acre with a couple of uphill slopes. I am going to buy a exmark quest but not sure if upgrading to the s series model with the zt2800 transmission is needed. Is it really that much better?

thanks in advance

Parkmower

Threads
What's the price difference? Most on here almost always say yes to upgrade. I don't think it's necessary but buy the best you can afford.

Parkmower

Threads
I haven't looked these up but for $600 I hope there are more upgrades than just the tranny.
Deck(prob not) and engine (kawasaki over briggs or kohler) upgrades would be enough for me to upgrade. Proba better seat too, which is always nice.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey guys really enjoying the forum.
I am a new homeowner with a little less then 1 acre with a couple of uphill slopes. I am going to buy a exmark quest but not sure if upgrading to the s series model with the zt2800 transmission is needed. Is it really that much better?

thanks in advance

The ZT-2200 EZT has the 10cc variable displacement seven piston pump and a 10cc fixed displacement five piston motor and what they say are low maintenance which is the same as saying they don't have the oil filters and really are not serviceable transmissions. The ZT-2800 has 10cc variable displacement seven piston pump and a 16cc fixed displacement seven piston motor and are serviceable transmissions with the filters. They use the zt2800 in there high end residential along at times the 3100. Whether there worth the extra money for you or not is up to you. I can tell you I use the ZT 2800 's in my ZTR commercially and have between 7 and 800 hrs on them and never had any issues and there still going strong. Personally I'd do the upgrade and go with the 2800 drives but that's just me.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is bigger a lot better? To some people it is. I have found through the years this isn't always true. Bigger can cost more to operate in maintenance and fuel. If you don't need it I would say no.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your cutting 1 acre maybe 15 times a year I would not spend the extra $600

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your cutting 1 acre maybe 15 times a year I would not spend the extra $600

Ya ... Unless your doing something besides basic mowing such as plowing snowblowing towing jumping off ramps or racing down a bumpy dirt road I agree with Carscw

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
In the past there has been a lot of talk about the EZT Transmissions and reliability issues, so just for your own sanity you mite want to do a search for some other threads here and on other forums to find out some of the problems or successes other people have had.