Zero turn mower seat

Mad_mat222

Threads
Thanks for all the replies. I’m in Australia so most of those option will prove too expensive. I looked at some of the suspension bases and they were over $300 just for the base.

The reason for replacing is the plywood rotted, screws pulled and the seat flew off when the boys were driving to a job.

Seat warehouse had a note that said after 10 years it was now closed. Not sure if I understood correctly

Northern tool had a good range but I think shipping to Oz would suck.

I grabbed a $60 seat from BCF. I should do the trick. It’s just a plastic frame with a cushion on it.

Attachments

• E4FB047B-C450-489E-9DC2-DC4D5325AA66.jpeg
    E4FB047B-C450-489E-9DC2-DC4D5325AA66.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 2

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for all the replies. I’m in Australia so most of those option will prove too expensive. I looked at some of the suspension bases and they were over $300 just for the base.

The reason for replacing is the plywood rotted, screws pulled and the seat flew off when the boys were driving to a job.

Seat warehouse had a note that said after 10 years it was now closed. Not sure if I understood correctly

I grabbed a $60 seat from BCF. I should do the trick. It’s just a plastic frame with a cushion on it.
I hope it has a drain hole in it

Mad_mat222

Threads
It does have a drain hole. Doesn’t make much difference when 200mm is falling though lol.

jcworks

Threads
Greetings,
Has anyone got any good suggestions for zero turn seats. My Hustler Raptor seat needs replacing. They are rubbish. A cushion mounted to a piece of plywood. And it doesnt even look like marine ply. Ive seena few of the boat seats look like they might fit. Has anyone done this?

Cheers
Mat
Mine came apart on a Toro MX5060 but the base was metal. I just got some type of sealant. I wish I could remember what brand it was to tell you. But it was , I think, something like Liquid Nails. I spread it around the edges of the steel base and the back of the seat. Then l placed a board across the front of the back rest and pulled it together tightly with a big C clamp. If I'm not mistaken I did the lower part of the seat first, let it sit a day, then did the top half of the seat. Fixed, worked very well. I think it came apart because I always would sit down on it to hard rather than just ease myself onto the seat. So I don't just plop down like I use to. Worked good for me. No purchase of a new seat necessary.

ddbtdd

Threads

Adding suspension to the seat is just as important as having a comfy seat.