Zero turn Kubota Drive belt issues

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How old is your unit? About 3/4 years ago Kubota had an update kit which replaced the pulleys, idler arm and spring to resolve the problem. Possibility of the kit never installed if you purchased it used. You are the original owner should have received a letter back then advising how to handle this under warranty. Have your dealer check to see if it was completed, make sure you have your serial number available.

B52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greeting from down under. I am after the belt length of a 42" deck Kubota "Z231KW-42"
I can measure it 5/8" wide not sure about the length.

Any advise input appreciated/

https://kubota.com.au/product/z122r/

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No idea about the belt & don't have access to factory information.
Just a word of warning in case you are not aware.
Down here we use the inside belt measurement .
Most of the people on this forum are in the USA where belts are measured on the outside thus a USA length will be 3" longer than an Aust belt length .

B52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Down here we use the inside belt measurement .
Most of the people on this forum are in the USA where belts are measured on the outside thus a USA length will be 3" longer than an Aust belt length .

Kubota mowers sold in Australia are made in USA.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I assume from your post that you will be trying to buy an aftermarket belt from a general mower shop or play Russian Roulette on Evilpay or Ammozone otherwise there would be no reason to ask about the belt size.
Thus the warning as it often catches people out.
Consolidated Bearings are the main distribution point for Gates belts
Gates belts are mostly made in the USA and have USA sizes, but CBC sell them by Australian sizing .
One of my wholesalers resells Fenner belts and they are sized by the EU standard of effective length which are neither the same as the internal nor external lengths and of course in mm not inches .

Ol Orange Hat

Forum Newbie
Threads
my 2290 also threw this same belt cost me 4 hrs labor to get it redone . is it recalled also?? it had 60 hours on it and the belt had no wear . I hit nothing as my lawn is flat and all grass. Really a terrible Engineering they have done to replace the belts . My g1900 diesel also had to have the trans. decoupled just to remove or put a new belt on .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your T2290 is a tractor, the recall was on Z-turns.

lugbolt

Threads
Could you provide the reference number? My dealer says it doesn't exist, I am assuming the are trying to hide the fact they have a problem. Thanks in advance!

I do not have the bulletin number for your mower, sorry.

there were several updates that were done. They replaced the HST pulleys with wider ones, and they installed a debris guard under the rear side of the deck. Also a deeper groove idler pulley. It is basically updating the Z100 series to the Z231 series stuff. The 231's are updated and there have been zero problems out of the drive belts, at least in comparison to the Z100's. I own an older Z100 and is has had zero problem whatsoever, been a pretty good mower. Cuts great, steers great, fun, just a little noisy and a little on the light side but that's nitpicking.