Zero turn Kubota Drive belt issues

Bertrrr

Threads
this machine throws the drive belt repeatedly , has anyone else seen this issue and if so how did you resolve it , thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Which drive belt on which model of Kubota Z turn mower. We will need more information as well as well as the mower model number so we can see what you have.

Bertrrr

Threads
Model number is Z121SKH , it's not the deck belt but the one above that drives the hyd motors , been doing this since new , owner brought it back to dealership 3 times with no results, brought it to me yesterday so I'm digging for information before I begin , thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Belt alignment, wrong belt size, wrong pulley/s and tension comes to mind. Wrong belt? Get the kevlar belts if you have a V belt in that location. Throwing a belt off to me sounds like the belt is too long. Or something under there is assisting the belt to come off. Worn pulleys and so on......

slomo

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Definitely check the belt pulley alignment. Sounds like something is out of true. Something else to check is make sure that the hydro supports are in place and not broke or missing allowing the drives to tilt.

Bertrrr

Threads
Thanks , I plan on pulling the deck off today and run it like that to verify alignment , pully conditions etc.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
examine the belt and report any thing found. Examine all rubs and tracking and report. Feel the idlers without tension and report. swing the tensioner and insure take up will happen. View design path of installation of belt is proper. Talk to factory tech if nothing found.

Bertrrr

Threads
Finally got the deck removed so I could inspect the drive belt path, had to cut it off to get it out it was so crossed up , The tension arm assembly was installed too tight and would not " float " on the belt , Took some doing but I loosened up the holding bolt and got it to move freely , I'm 99% sure this was the whole problem f will prove it in the next few days when it all goes together , thanks again for everyone's input

lugbolt

Threads
there is a bulletin that deals with multiple belt failures. Kubota will pick up the tab on it, but there are some prerequisites. Call dealer and ask them about "Z 100 series mower multiple hst belt failures".

HoveyBayou

Forum Newbie
Threads
there is a bulletin that deals with multiple belt failures. Kubota will pick up the tab on it, but there are some prerequisites. Call dealer and ask them about "Z 100 series mower multiple hst belt failures".
Could you provide the reference number? My dealer says it doesn't exist, I am assuming the are trying to hide the fact they have a problem. Thanks in advance!