Z won't move

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try doing a purge set. Just make sure you keep the oil tank full.

1672570455212.png
1672570490064.png

dwzkd

Threads
I assume the hydraulic system was not worked on when the motor work happened? What does the fluid in the reservoir look like 1) while running 2) right after shutting down engine 3) after sitting over night?

It is strange that it "stopped" functioning after the engine work, especially if you didn't touch the hydraulic system. It sounds like you have air in the system. I wonder if a hose on the low-pressure side got bumped during the engine work and perhaps a small crack is allowing air to be drawn into the system. This also makes sense as the drive systems are independent on this mower except for the low pressure and tank side. (other than the belt drive which you already checked)...

toro22040

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try and do this , with a maybe long time setting mower , or powered/transmission equipment . Put it in gear , while not running ......try and bump it or tug it forward / backward .....to release a Stuck valve/gear . Many times the simple movements will break it free .....just a suggestion , since the connections/belts/pump hoses appears intact . Even if you had to pull it with another powered mower, or other means, to possibly free the trans/clutch issues ......Let us know how any of tht works ? So do check , the clutch , to see if it froze on position . Do you feel any changes when the clutch is engaged ?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try and do this , with a maybe long time setting mower , or powered/transmission equipment . Put it in gear , while not running ......try and bump it or tug it forward / backward .....to release a Stuck valve/gear . Many times the simple movements will break it free .....just a suggestion , since the connections/belts/pump hoses appears intact . Even if you had to pull it with another powered mower, or other means, to possibly free the trans/clutch issues ......Let us know how any of tht works ? So do check , the clutch , to see if it froze on position . Do you feel any changes when the clutch is engaged ?
Zero turns don't have a clutch on the motion drive. Do have idler arms the could freeze up but unlikely as it would still have enough tension on the belt to try and move. If it were the brakes that are frozen up the engine should die when you pull the lap bars in unless someone has bypass the seat switch. Have you jacked it up to where the wheels are off the ground to see if they will turn. I would at this time open the relief valve and purge the hydro system.

gregjo1948

Threads
I have it jacked up and the wheels do turn in both directions but with no power. I can easily stop the motion with my hand. I'm going to try bleeding air from the system.

LawnWizard

Threads
Zero turns don't have a clutch on the motion drive. Do have idler arms the could freeze up but unlikely as it would still have enough tension on the belt to try and move. If it were the brakes that are frozen up the engine should die when you pull the lap bars in unless someone has bypass the seat switch. Have you jacked it up to where the wheels are off the ground to see if they will turn. I would at this time open the relief valve and purge the hydro system.
I had mentioned the park brake b/c I had spent hours trying to diagnose a similar problem only to fund out that the brake lever was stuck and all the safety switches had been bypassed. However, since the wheels turn when off the ground, obviously not the issue here.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it has the same hydros as my IS3100 the bypass is on top of the hydros and needs a wrench to open. Try opening the bypasses and move the levers back and forth about a dozen times then close the bypasses. It is odd both hydros have the same problem.

gregjo1948

Threads
Had no luck bleeding air from the system. Didn't help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
According to the IPL I looked up it has a pair of Hydro Gear PJ-3GCC-GCC-GZ1F-XXXX pumps so PJ service manual is needed.