YTH18542 deck issue

Randomguy

Threads
Having an issue with the brake arm hitting against the blade spindle.

20230506_193236.jpg

I bought this used from a buddy of mine and didn't know how bad the deck was messed up.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please do two things for us, so we have a better idea of what you are dealing with. First, post the model number from the ID tag located under the seat. Second, can you post a picture or two of the parts you are talking about. If you use your phone to take the pictures, you will need to resize them smaller before attaching them.

Randomguy

Threads
Please do two things for us, so we have a better idea of what you are dealing with. First, post the model number from the ID tag located under the seat. Second, can you post a picture or two of the parts you are talking about. If you use your phone to take the pictures, you will need to resize them smaller before attaching them.
The model number is in the tittle YTH18542

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is the series number. I need numbers under the sear.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
YTH18542 tells us it has an 18.5Hp engine with 42" deck and was made for local ( USA .Canada & Mexico ) market
Your photo shows us it has a manual PTO and the brake pad is rubbing on the spindle PULLEY as it should when the PTO lever is in the OFF position
When you swing the PTO lever the tension arm that has the tensioning ( moving) pulley should pull that brake pad back off the pulley
TEh bits on the deck rarely give any problems unless they have fitted the wrong cable to the lever
However under the dash the other end of the lever is prone to coming loose o the actuating arm

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also the cable connection point to the left of the brake arm mounting bolt is installed incorrectly the raised nub behind the cable connector L is supposed to be in the slot not behind the bracket. Which will also give you about another inch of tension on the spring to keep the belt tight.

Randomguy

Threads
Also the cable connection point to the left of the brake arm mounting bolt is installed incorrectly the raised nub behind the cable connector L is supposed to be in the slot not behind the bracket. Which will also give you about another inch of tension on the spring to keep the belt tight.
I hope this is what you're talking about
20230507_150749.jpg