you still love that chicken from Popeye's?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Rodents are eaten all over the planet Earth. Heck the Southeast US is known to have people eating scavengers (aka animals that eat dead animals). One of them being the O possum. Over in England they eat dump rats. And many places in the Far East and Africa eat rats, bats, and other animals that Americans consider nasty. Besides chickens that are free ranged eat about anything in the course of a day. And mice are one of them.
Best Possum to eat is the Himalayan Possum...
You find Himalayan on the side of the road..........

Lilranch2001

Threads
Did you see the big blue D on the rats back?

Rockyhammock

Threads
Had a friend that use to work at several restaurants over his career. He told me if you could gain access to the kitchen area of the places you eat, you probably would not go back.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Had a friend that use to work at several restaurants over his career. He told me if you could gain access to the kitchen area of the places you eat, you probably would not go back.
People a dumb ignorant & stupid.
Most were asleep during their science classes , if they did any at all.
So they end up believing all the rubbish advertizing agents feed them , particularly about home hygine
You know if your house is not sprayed & wiped down with those bacteria killing sprays & wipes then you are killing your entire family.
Nothing can ever sit on a kitchen bench , your toilet has to smell like a field of flowers & the water has to be blue etc etc etc .
Floors have to be white & clean enough to perform open heart surgery on them.
Which is weird when you consider 2/3 of the people in the world live in houses with dirt floors
And yes I used to deliver into commercial kitchens ,
There is a big difference between normal rodent populations & dangerous rodent populations , same goes for flies, cockroaches and just about anything the advertising agencies have told us we must kill .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most people in cities have never had to walk through cow manure and pee up half to their knees at a dairy (I don't remember how many times I had wash out my wanders) or work in a chicken raising house where the chicken litter was up two feet deep under the elevated sections after six months of operations. I have worked in both places. I also worked in a local grocery store meat shop. Some of the things I found while cleaning the shop when I first start would make most people quit buying meats.

If only people knew how many rat/mice droppings (and that don't include rat/mice urine) are allow in the process food they would quit eating it too. Yet I recently read an article out Brazil where gangs were grinding rotten meats, mixing it with good grinds, and selling to unsuspecting stores as good ground products. They also was selling horse meat as beef at the same time.

There is no way to keep things 100% clean all the time. But at least most places try their best to do so but there are also places that simply don't care.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We tested the IR night cameras by mounting them in the nice "clean " kitchen
Amazing what comes out to play once we go to bed .
Quite right.
If the vacuous headed vegans really wanted to make every body stop drinking cows milk all they would need to do is film a normal day at a dairy.
No need to go on with all the BS about animal cruelty which rarely ever happens.
Likewise if they really wanted everyone to stop eating beef all they would have to do is film a cow crapping on the calf while it is feeding then licking it afterwards .
But inhumane abattoirs make for more sensational TV although again they are very rare.
I have always found it amusing when know it all animal do gooders come onto the farm
They hear the cows bellowing and instantly think the animals are in pain because the sounds are painful to their ears.
Then they hear the alpacas cooing and think they are contented when in fact that soft coo is their "i am terrified sound "
perhaps they have all seen Dr Doolittle ones too often & believe that they really can talk to the animals.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Exactly Bert. They need to live around animals full time to understand things. I currently have chickens that I free range. Some the locals just don't understand how I keep them in line. I had couple to complain about me mopping them when they get out of line by getting on the roadway. I explain the mop is to scare them more than to hurt. It like raising human kids a little correction is a lot better than the alternative. Like being flatten by uncaring automobile driver. My chickens understand that when I whistle it means to get back where they belong without me having to chase them down. But my geese minds a lot better as I can even instruct them which way to go to get to the safety pens.

Now my chickens still break the rules just like our kids do when our backs are turned or we are busy but as soon as they see me they get out of trouble rather quickly. Yesterday was a good example them show their butts. It dizzling rain all afternoon and they just kept getting into trouble. I ended up loosing one to a hawk but he just getting way out there without any cover available. Most of my customers think it is great how well I got the chickens trained.

Now I did get one co-worker fired for abusing the hens at the chicken houses I worked at. He kicking them around just because they came up wanting to be fed. That was causing unlayed eggs to broken causing the hens unnecessary deaths. Now that is abuse I will not put up with any animal under my care.

I currently have a rooster that was abused and he fought even me the first two weeks. I just used the mop to let him it wasn't right to fight the one taking care of him. He still thinks about fighting me but all I got to do now is show him the mop and he understands the meaning. It will take a few more to fully break him of the bad habit but I don't think I will ever be able to free range him with my other roosters. The only thing I can think of is that rooster was taught to fight which I teach all my roosters not to do; unless, it is to protect the hens. This is the very reason I will not game chickens; although, I had two game hens dumped on me three years ago. They nearly killed other over baby chicks but now they mind just as well as the others. All I got to do is yell break it up and they quit fighting. One of the hens is spoiled rotten.

People that don't raise animals have no business telling those that do how to do it. I liken it to a parent what be telling those that are raising children how it is done. Now there are a few parents that need the same treatment that they give their kids as they go to extremes. But I consider some correction is needed, just don't go to extremes.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I married the small dairy farmers daughter. Most people have no clue as to where their food comes from or how it just magically appears all nicely packaged at the grocery. My father was born in 1911 in rural Kentucky. One of his sayings was "time to go out and kill something for breakfast"

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And most don't want to know.

For me breakfast was fairly easily as always had chickens when I was a kid so there were always eggs. People don't where the eggs come out. Well it is same place as the poop. As grew I learned to hunt and fish; therefore, had put many meals on the table. I was the one had to dressing out the animals and there was cases where it the animal was better off as some eaten up by tapeworms thus I had destroy the remains.

I have seen what weedkiller does to fish when it is intentionally spray over the waterway. It causes massive sores and fish are unfit to be eaten by man or animal. So I do believed responsible use of pesticides and weed killers. One case that I worked our local county workers would over bridges and other waterways in direct violation of EPA rules. When I reported it they denied it was happening. Since I knew their spray schecdule I set a camera to record what they were doing. Then when I confronted them with the video by stop the practice.

It is the same all the waste oils and other equipment liquids here as they are collected and sent to the recycle center. It was mention on this forum the use of antifreeze as substitute for tire slime. Well it is an environmental hazard especially for animals as it can cause kidney failure.