XT1 LT46 Bad Transmission or Belt?

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Hello All! I got a 2016 LT46 with 53 hours. Mowed my yard with it, about 45 minutes, then transmission starts slowing down and losing power. Changed oil with Castrol 15w50 and does the same thing. How do I know if its a bad belt or bad transmission? Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My test for hydros is rolling them down the ramp off the trailer
If I have to pushe them and they stop the second I stop pushing them, the transmission is excellent
If they roll with just a little resistance and continue a short amount when I stop pushing they are on the way out
If i give them a shove and they take off and don't stop they are shot.
Sloped driveway is just as good to test on , but wear your runners .

JonnyBlaze

Threads
If I have to pushe them and they stop the second I stop pushing them, the transmission is excellent
If they roll with just a little resistance and continue a short amount when I stop pushing they are on the way out
Ok. Thanks. I'll try it out tomorrow.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
53 hours is pretty low for the transmission to be failing. You stated that you had changed the oil. That’s good, you have followed the Tuff Torque recommendation of an initial 50 hour change. Inspect the drive belt and check the tension.

350Rocket

Threads

350Rocket

Threads
This is with the hydro disengaged for pushing I assume? I'll have to check mine but if I remember correctly it still had resistance but I was on flat ground.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
It rolls slowly with some resistance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is with the hydro disengaged for pushing I assume? I'll have to check mine but if I remember correctly it still had resistance but I was on flat ground.
Engine off and hydro bypass in the drive position so the wheels are now the pump & the pump is now a motor.
What you are measuring is the resistance of the oil to leak out of the motor / pump units which is how hydros fail.
With the bypass in the push position it should push as easy as a motorcycle .

350Rocket

Threads
Engine off and hydro bypass in the drive position so the wheels are now the pump & the pump is now a motor.
What you are measuring is the resistance of the oil to leak out of the motor / pump units which is how hydros fail.
With the bypass in the push position it should push as easy as a motorcycle .
So if you couldn't even begin to push it (before knowing the hydro had to be bypassed) then it's probably okay too.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
If anyone has a good used one for sale cheap, hmu. 03809