WTB - Honda HR214PX

bwdbrn1

Threads
I'm looking for a Honda HR214PX, the push, not self propelled, version of Honda's HR214 from the mid 80s. Hopefully within 100 miles or so of Rock Island, IL

bwdbrn1

Threads
Yep, I look everyday, more than once a day. There's one two states away, and there's a HR194 within 150 miles, but no HR214s!:thumbdown:

Threads
Yep, I look everyday, more than once a day. There's one two states away, and there's a HR194 within 150 miles, but no HR214s!:thumbdown:

Hmmm....I don't know what else to do other than to see if anyone on here has one.

Good luck! :smile:

bwdbrn1

Threads
Well, if I didn't care about the engine number and frame number matching, I could always piece one together.:cool:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, if I didn't care about the engine number and frame number matching, I could always piece one together.:cool:

What difference would that make if the numbers would mach? This would be nothing that you would register for the road. Just what numbers are you talking about because I didn't reallize a push mower had such numbers? Is this something for work or show?

bwdbrn1

Threads
Well, factory records put the engine serial number and frame number together. However, those records have long since been archived by Honda as I understand, so the purist part of it is sort of unnecessary. It is possible to register yourself as an owner of a used Honda.

This one would be for show. There were three major versions of the HR214. The PX, which was push with recoil start, the SX that had a 2 speed transmission with recoil start, and the SM that had the 2 speed transmission with electric start. I've become sort of an HR214 nut, I guess, as I have an SX that I use, an SX for show, and I'm in the process of restoring an SM. Just like a PX to complete the set.

bwdbrn1

Threads
In my search for a complete HR214PX, I'm beginning to find parts. So if anybody has bits and pieces, especially the rear height adjusters, drop me a PM, please.