Won't start when hot.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will not be a anti backfire ( shut off )
Solenoid on this engine.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
42a707....

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 22

Tinkerer200

Threads
I have literally had dozens of these engines and only recall seeing one with a carb solenoid towards the end of the run on them. IF there is one it will be sticking up at an angle on the lower right hand side of the carb when facing the carb side of the engine.

Walt Conner

troy-built

Threads
yes, i connected the coil the way it is supposed to be,the left side of plug cable goes to the right sparkplug and vice versa. However i still havent check compression cold and hot i got home late from work i dint feel like messing with it.but tomorrow i cant wait to get my hands on it, believe me. This model is a 42a707 2653e1 it runs quite well and cut good Thats why i want to get it run right. I didn't mentioned that this machine doesn't cut off at all,you can go i guess for hours mowing, the most i've gone is about 1hour but as soon as i turn it off, game is over will not cranks till cool,in fact a friend of mine told me this ,that a few years back his brother had a similar machine to mine. the problem with that one was a sticking exaust valve when ever it got hot the valve stayed open thus causing the engine not to start, but it would still fire.i wonder if that what's wrong with mine.tinkerer any advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
It sure would have been nice if he had posted what the problem was if he fixed it. That's exactly what my mower is doing and the exact same motor.