Wife can't mow, need assistance please.....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What are the chances of seeing and or being able to move the wires without all of the disassembly to check for broken or loose wires?

Next to none
You have to at least remove the blower housing and for that you have to remove the drive shaft coupling at a minimum.
Normally they break right down where they join oto the stator.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you don' t mind would you please go to:
https://www.kohler-engine-parts.ope...670_CH680_CH730_CH740_CH750_REVISED_9_15J.pdf

The electrical starts on page 33 and tell me which type/drawing is the one that I have, I can read these and tell what goes where.

Kohler Command Pro 23
Model CH23S
Serial 3134001301
Family 1KHXS. 7252GC
Disp. 674

Thanks for all your help, if you wer'nt a boat ride away I would have you over for a cookout and beer party for all your help.

I have no idea.
Usually the more complicated ignition units have more wires at the engine plug which generally lurks around the starter motor region.
One of the others who has access to Kohler's dealers web site might be able to look up the serial number and find out but I can not.
If you post the Exmark serial numbers then some one with access to the Exmark dealers web site might be able to check by serial number.

Other than that I simply take off the blower hosing and see what is in there.
The 3 different ignition systems use 3 different coils so it is obvious once you can see them.
However the alternator & reguator.rectifiers are all the same.

Wilber256

Threads
Took the screen off to attempt to see what all type goodies I could see, first the engine looks as if it will have to be removed as the hydraulic pump pulley does not have enough room to slide off the shaft due to the mower frame, I see no other way unless one could loosen the fan cover which raps around the entire motor then maybe one could have enough room to loosen and slide, nope no way all parts including the stator will have to slide off the end of the shaft unless it breaks into as you mentioned, but the drawing shows a solid shaft so I guess this project has come to a screeching halt. I will rebuild the wheel and replace the plastic wheels and just boogie on I suppose because there is no telling how much it will cost to do his stator replace/repair. Thanks for all your help, I have really learned a lot from you. God bless you and yours, take care of yourself especially your back, bad news on the back....