Wide open throttle

jjt0883

Threads
I got there because the motor was running wide open. Back to the carb removal. There is a bolt beside the right-hand stud that holds the spacer behind the carb, the right stud, and the electric connection to the Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid remove it and the carb can be turned and removed. The wide-open throttle problem has been solved. The bottom of the throttle shaft has broken off at the bottom screw of the throttle plate. The broken piece of the shaft and the two screws are missing. Since the screws are outward or into the motor I have to suspect that the engine ate them when it stopped running. The motor has been run several times trying to figure out the wrong thing ie the governor. I guess that I need to check the intake manifold and see if the parts are resting there. I'll send photos of the shaft and the plate when the wife comes home. I never thought that a throttle plate would unscrew itself from the shaft.

jjt0883

Threads
thanks to all for the help wide open throttle fans 0-1.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Quite often they will pass right through
Some times they get stuck in the piston
And if you are really lucky they bounce around taking diviots out of everything like me on a golf course .

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
that sucks. Design or assembly flaw.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most of the screws are either staked, use with lock washers, and/or Loctite in place. It the steel screws that did most the damage here. The brass one seems flatten get blown thru. This is why I use brass replacement screws, stake them whenever I can and apply Loctite.

On Nikki carburetors I use M3-0.5 x 5mm Brass pan head screws. They comes with either steel or brass just depends on the penny pincher on their end.

jjt0883

Threads
looking for a new

Carburetor For Kohler Courage SV530 17hp​