Which would you prefer for your own mower?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh well I still prefer my leaded coffee vs the unleaded version.

I do have a problem with processed sugar. I can only use cane sugar as the sugar beet version throw me in acid overload. I take a tablespoon full of white vinegar to settle my stomach. Yes I know it is an acid too but it does neutralize the stomach's acid to a point so I don't need those anti acid tabs. But it does burns going down.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
See Star, this is the power of the media
If an intelligent person such as you, who is technically savvy can be totally mislead , what chance does the average Joe have who did almost no science in high school ?
Had I not done the 5 years with Unitest I would have been just as ignorant as the next person
And had I not been in charge of the biological monitoring of the workforce I would have been as easy to brainwash as the next person
I used to monitor the workers for Pb,Zn,Cd, Sb & Cu poisoning so had to be conversant with the symptoms , sources & consequences.

Lead was misrepresented as being the reason why there were air quality problems and those air quality problems were then attributed to development problems in children .
While it was true because it COULD have happened in reality the actual source of the lead was mostly paint.

Since then all sorts of professional lie tellers have been graphing health against lead in petrol, ignoring all sorts of other things like the shift from solvent based enamel paints to acrylics
The shift from lead oxide to zinc oxide & titanium oxide as pigments
The shift away from chromium tanned leather.

Just about every building over 3 stories uses copper water pipes that are soldered together.
Most farms on tank water used galvanised steel tanks that were soldered & riveted together before plastic tanks became available and that water often came off galvanised iron roofing using lead flashing and collected in soldered guttering.

WWII caused an explosion in chemical analysis development, away from wet chemistry to spectrual chemistry through to things like atomic vibrational chemistry ( magnetic resonance ) .
So chemists suddenly had very fast , very accurate and unbelievably sensitive tools.
Then we started to find things we did not know were there because the new tools could find very low concentrations .
A prime example of this what the Cryptosporidium & Giardia fisco Sydney in the 90's
Prior to the installation of the new computerised analysis of Sydney's tap water we ran every drop through a fish tank with some Macquarrie Bass in them.
Now this fish is one of the most sensitive to water quality and if the fish suddenly looked crook they turned the valves off & did a chemical & biological analysis of the water.
The new system was way too sensitive and suddenly showed the actual amount of Crypto & Giardia that was in the water so the water department went into a panic & shut off the water
Health alerts were issued every hour for days , bottled water issued to all resturants & food processors , households told to boil all water etc etc etc.
Then some of the sacked ( because the new machine made them redundant ) chemists were re-employed and the first thing they did was to bring some bass down from Newcastle & put them in the water.
And wadda you know, the fish were quite happy.
So they brought water from every catchment & dam in and ran it through the machine which condemed them all as being unsafe yet none of the towns & cities that were drinking this water showed no increase in sickness.
However individual testing by real people all showed the water to be perfectly safe .
Now to the cruxt of this little diversion
Thousands of residents suddenly came down with food posioning and all the experts attributed this to Crypto & Giardia in the water because they now knew it was there.
And this is exactly what happened to lead , everything that could be attributed to lead posioning was deemed to be derived from the lead in the petrol despite the fact it is impossible for a body to process it after it comes out of the tailpipe .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First I didn't say all lead came from gasoline. It is everywhere. Some water system use cleaning agents that actually release the lead oxides. Chlorine can be just as deadly to some animals. I used to have a Copper Banded Butterfly fish that was quite happy in the salt water derived from well water but did even survive having 1 gallon city tap water added to 75 gallon tank. One expensive lost because my mother would not listen to me about the chlorine.

It just like anyone seems to blame ethanol in our fuels for all carburetor problems which is not true either.

If people seen the junk that come out the public water systems when they are flushed they would not drink it ever again. Yes public water is available here but as long as I have a well I will not switch myself. BTW I just flushed my well tank as I was replacing the control relay and got nothing out of the glass lined tank.; not even any sediment. The relay was damaged from freezing and finally got down to where the pressure had to drop to zero before it would switch on. The new controller is operating between 50 and 70 psi.

And please I don't want to have food poisoning again. I done had 5+ times. A couple time while traveling and at least three times in the last five year from grocery store brought foods. Two times I nearly died because of it. Least now I can recognized the symptoms early enough to head it off. Boy I hate it when the room is spinning and I cant even walk, have to crawl to get somewhere to throw up my stomach contents. One time I had just lay in it as I passed out.

I also looked up the Cryptosporidium & Giardia item and found them to be parasites and not toxic metals. This I don't drink river water because of the parasites in it; although, I will drink most spring water if got at the source. Parasitic infection is not the same as food poisoning; although, the symptoms can be similar; although, what I have read it more like my lactose introlate condition where I drink a glass and within four hours be going over a 10 rail fence in the bathroom if you get my hint. Another term the low squats and high trots.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think you have got what I am tying to say
And yes it is just the same as ethanol in fuel and unfortuneately CO2 with climate change.
CO2 is just one tiny part of the equation but by now 99% of the general population believe that if they buy a battery car & use solar electricity everything will go back to how it was.
The idea that we have to abandon big cities and disperse populations plus replant vast acreages of forest is not on their radar and limiting population growth only makes sense to those who keep fish as pets .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Until we change and start caring about more than just our little micro world; otherwords, not be so self centered nothing will change for the better. It doesn't matter how much I do to help things if two are following me make a mess.

It like me fixing all the oil leaks I find and then have a customer pull up with a tractor that leaking so bad the engine is covered in liquid oil, dripping all over my parking lot. Everything I did just went out the door as he is polluting more than I stop on my end.