WHICH TORO

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe he wants to change to a better mower? Toro 20092, 5 year Full warranty, cast deck, $529 MSRP.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I started a thread yesterday asking what mower I should buy as a backup mower. I was thinking about it, and I am either going to get another Honda, or a Toro (since I think they are cheaper). My question is, if I get a Toro, which one. There are a lot of things on here saying that some are bad, and after using it for like 6 times it broke. So what Toro is better....RECYCLER or SUPER RECYCLER/BAGGER? And which specific models because it seems like some are good and some are bad. And around how much do they cost??
Toro | Walk Power Mowers, Walk Behind Mowers
View attachment 9563View attachment 9564

If I were going to look at buying the Toro I'd wait a little bit and look at there new Turf Master 30" when it hits the floor, or possibly the Exmark. Make your Honda's backup.

Threads
If I were going to look at buying the Toro I'd wait a little bit and look at there new Turf Master 30" when it hits the floor, or possibly the Exmark. Make your Honda's backup.

WOW! I just might have to demo that once it comes out....it is sweet! :thumbsup::dance1::cool2:

Threads
Can I ask? I've looked at your avatar, what's the purpose of the lights?

The purpose is so I don't get hit by a car when I am pushing my mower back from a house....and it looks cool!:tongue:

dfbrown

Threads
My opinion i have is that EXCEPT for the toro commercial 21 mowers and that new turf master mower i dont see why you would buy a toro over a honda. the toros from the 1990s were built so much better then the mowers now like i used to own 20436 and 20438s and those were good mowers especiallly for there time. For a residential mower or light commercial you would be nuts not to buy honda hrx217hxa. they sell around here for 699 you would be nuts not to spend a little more to get the hrx. then high up from there would be a honda hrc216hxa or if you are a diehard toro guy the proline 22198 is reallly nice also or higher from there would be the toro 30iinch mower that looks commercial built. i have both honda hrc, hrx and toro proline 21 with suzuki 2 stoke and my opinions is that they are all great great mowers but you cant compare the toro to the hondas. driveshaft to belt, hydro to belt drive, handlebars on honda with big braces to toro, steel deck with deck guards vs cast alum. no guards honda mulching compared to toro, really its not close, honda bagging cut so fine with 2 blades and the vacuum it creates is just awsome, etc i could go on all day but those are my thoughts of owning about every freekin mower you could image or have used. Let me know what you think. Honda has them all covered but only one somewhat close to it is toro proline 21, then snappers, exmarks, lawn boys etc etc

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my opinion, which many on this forum will say is good for nothing, I would still recommend Toro over all others for the average home owner. Their mulching system is the top rated one in the industry and cost vs. quality is also in the high range. Then when you look at cost of repairs, Honda is the most expensive to repair. I have worked on just about every brand on the market, and for the homeowner, I don't understand why you wouldn't buy Toro. If you are talking commercial use, then let's compare apple to apples, which in some cases is a completely different story. I would never recommend a Toro steel deck to be used commercially.