cubs fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
always go metric, because everything is metric now

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
If they have the size you need inside a set, I've found harbor freight to have decent sockets for cheap.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If they have the size you need inside a set, I've found harbor freight to have decent sockets for cheap.
Yes they do have good impact sockets. But the problem is like with nearly all tool suppliers. After reach a certain size or need a size that is not in socket sets it becomes nearly impossible to find them. And boy I hate getting a set that skips sizes. Getting into the 2"-3" range probably soon and they are even worst about skipping sizes. I am gradually building a complete set of sockets. The 46mm (1-13/16) is not in any set that I have looked at. What I am now missing the sockets in the twenty to thirty mm. I got the 32-38 set. Just added the 46mm (1-13/16) one as I needed it for a finish mower repair.

It sorta like the metric wrench set I got the goes from 8mm to 30mm without skipping a size. And the last couple years I had to use the wrenches in the 20-30 range on JD mowers from that set.

It is just frustrating having to piece together tool sets but I am also catching them of price gouging when they think you don't know the difference.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We have a Habitat for Humanity Restore here which I try to frequent about every two weeks. You will be surprised by what you will find there for prices that you won’t beat anywhere.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a Habitat for Humanity Restore here which I try to frequent about every two weeks. You will be surprised by what you will find there for prices that you won’t beat anywhere.
There used to be a place here that people and companies could drop off all kinds of stuff like electronics, building materials, surplus from jobs etc. Stuff was basically free. I had to quit going there as i suffer from a condition called packratitis. Brought home a buch of stuff i will probably never use.

upupandaway

Threads
There used to be a place here that people and companies could drop off all kinds of stuff like electronics, building materials, surplus from jobs etc. Stuff was basically free. I had to quit going there as i suffer from a condition called packratitis. Brought home a buch of stuff i will probably never use.
HH\Salvation Army has a cure for your problem. It is called a price tag. One of the side affects from this treatment tends to be Frustration- typically with the phrase 'you want this much for this piece of sI#I?'.

As always, nothing is perfect as Salvation Army left a Ariens Snowblower out back when i drove by back in the 90's to where I like you Hammer, I relapsed picking it up. I wish i brought it down to Tx as it would have come in handy last week.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like to give things to them as well as buy. Right now I have a few fluorescent light ballasts to give them. A lot of the time you'll find brand new stuff there.