Where does this spring go?

I’m guessing it is part number 1729620 extension spring, used to apply tension on the drive pulleys.
I agree, after looking at the parts list. The diagram doesn't quite help me with replacement. I am having difficulty locating the attach points.
I think don't so. Wrong bends. Still a clutching spring just the wrong location.

1729620SM
BS-1729620SM-2.jpg


2159181SM
full.png
 
IT is way too light to be a tension spring.
It could be a return spring but the wire is not thick enough to be a tension spring unless the spring is actually 2' long
 
YES
that sounds a lot more like it
Isn't the brake latching spring around the same size ?
Very hard when the OP will not provide anything to scale the spring with.
 
Thank you for your help. I went to the dealer where I bought the tractor and he thought it was a tension spring for the cruise control. He found a new Regent he had in stock, and, sure enough, that was it. Pretty easy to replace on mine, once I determined where it went!

Thank you all again.
 
Back
Top