Where does this spring go?

traunero

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Simplicity 44" deck riding mower. Love it. The other day we were pressure washing mud and grime off, when this spring appeared from what I thought was inside or under the mower deck. It was clean, however, so I don't think it was underneath. I can't see anywhere that might be missing a spring. Everything is functioning properly, including the emergency seat shut off detector, parking brake and the cruise control. I removed the black housing on top of the mower deck, but nothing missing there. Total length is 7 3/4 in. and the coiled part is 2 1/4 in. I can't find any reference to it in the manual. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Rich
Spring.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the model number of the tractor, as I’m thinking it is either a brake return spring or drive tensioner spring.

traunero

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please post the model number of the tractor, as I’m thinking it is either a brake return spring or drive tensioner spring.
It is the Regent Model 2691330

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
2159181SM
2159181SM.JPG

albreton_

Threads
I’m thinking that is the governor return spring, follow the link that goes from the carb and ends at a L shaped bracket, there should be two holes that it hooks into near where the throttle cable ends.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m guessing it is part number 1729620 extension spring, used to apply tension on the drive pulleys.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And just a little tip here
If you post a photo of a spring we need some thing is it to scale the image
A match, is always good as that scales the length of the spring and the thickness of the wire.
It could be a magnified governor spring by the look of it or a return spring from the brake pedal or a return spring from the deck drive.
They all have the same basic shape.

traunero

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m guessing it is part number 1729620 extension spring, used to apply tension on the drive pulleys.
I agree, after looking at the parts list. The diagram doesn't quite help me with replacement. I am having difficulty locating the attach points.