When you see it, say got it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because of out high protein diets ( even our wheat is high protein ) Aussies do not need to do that to loosen a nut
That is a really big torch he is using and not one that I recognise as being available in Aust
And yes new Rollers have left hand nuts on the left wheels .
I bought one of those induction heaters off Ali-Baba a few years back so torches are a thing of the past , although it has done more miles than a taxi driver, which reminds me it has not been returned yet .
As for the pickie what worries me is he is heating the nut with the socket on the nut which will not do much for the heat treatment of the socket
And then there is the bend in the breaker bar

davis2

Threads
Because of out high protein diets ( even our wheat is high protein ) Aussies do not need to do that to loosen a nut
That is a really big torch he is using and not one that I recognise as being available in Aust
And yes new Rollers have left hand nuts on the left wheels .
I bought one of those induction heaters off Ali-Baba a few years back so torches are a thing of the past , although it has done more miles than a taxi driver, which reminds me it has not been returned yet .
As for the pickie what worries me is he is heating the nut with the socket on the nut which will not do much for the heat treatment of the socket
And then there is the bend in the breaker bar
So how do you heat the nuts? Don't rub Ben Gay on your nuts... You get heat, but not what you want!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Heat the lug nuts cherry red, then put the wrench on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So how do you heat the nuts? Don't rub Ben Gay on your nuts... You get heat, but not what you want!
Heating nuts is for whimps
Real men only need to resort to those methods unless the spannar is bending

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heating nuts is for whimps
Real men only need to resort to those methods unless the spannar is bending

Call me a wimp then. I've used heat to break nuts lose a few times.

It's easy peasy japaneasy. And way better than breaking a stud.