Rivets

Got it

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Yup. Must be an aussie.

F

Forest#2

Got it.

Applying heat and tightening the lug nut with the floor jack instead of loosening
AND
If that tire is still aired up, it's a big bomb as the heat builds.
They have a black rubber glove on for additional safety hand protection.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Yup. Must be an aussie.
Maybe it's our favorite, Bert....🤣😂😁

StarTech

StarTech

Now don't the guy as he was told he had loose nuts. But he tightening the wrong ones. :ROFLMAO:

But of course we don't know if the he is dealing LH or RH nuts either. Some old vehicles did have LH ones. I know I twisted several off when I was teenager.

F

Forest#2

Now don't the guy as he was told he had loose nuts. But he tightening the wrong ones. :ROFLMAO:

But of course we don't know if the he is dealing LH or RH nuts either. Some old vehicles did have LH ones. I know I twisted several off when I was teenager.

Yep, some of the older Doge autos used LH lug nuts on the left side of the vehicle.
Ford is another one had LH lug nuts.
Had to keep a heads up back then.
The end of the lug stud sometimes had a small L stamped into the end of the stud.

He appears to be on the left side front maybe and already has two off but not a good thing to see. At least he kept his smiling proud face out of the picture. Have to keep a heads up now days or you can easily end up with someone going viral with your picture and you won't even know such until you get the surprise, so always smile because you might be on candid camera.

D

davis2

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

The truck doesn't look American.

R

Rivets

Six lug bolts, plus he’s already removed two. Must be going the correct direction.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

The Pic is probably flipped.

I

ILENGINE

The Pic is probably flipped.
That is something you have to watch when looking at pictures online due to the mirroring effect.

B

bertsmobile1

Because of out high protein diets ( even our wheat is high protein ) Aussies do not need to do that to loosen a nut
That is a really big torch he is using and not one that I recognise as being available in Aust
And yes new Rollers have left hand nuts on the left wheels .
I bought one of those induction heaters off Ali-Baba a few years back so torches are a thing of the past , although it has done more miles than a taxi driver, which reminds me it has not been returned yet .
As for the pickie what worries me is he is heating the nut with the socket on the nut which will not do much for the heat treatment of the socket
And then there is the bend in the breaker bar

D

davis2

Because of out high protein diets ( even our wheat is high protein ) Aussies do not need to do that to loosen a nut
That is a really big torch he is using and not one that I recognise as being available in Aust
And yes new Rollers have left hand nuts on the left wheels .
I bought one of those induction heaters off Ali-Baba a few years back so torches are a thing of the past , although it has done more miles than a taxi driver, which reminds me it has not been returned yet .
As for the pickie what worries me is he is heating the nut with the socket on the nut which will not do much for the heat treatment of the socket
And then there is the bend in the breaker bar
So how do you heat the nuts? Don't rub Ben Gay on your nuts... You get heat, but not what you want!

R

Rivets

Heat the lug nuts cherry red, then put the wrench on.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Gotta watch heating up dem nutz.

D

davis2

Gotta watch heating up dem nutz.
Hell yeah, burnt nuts aren't good!

B

bertsmobile1

So how do you heat the nuts? Don't rub Ben Gay on your nuts... You get heat, but not what you want!
Heating nuts is for whimps
Real men only need to resort to those methods unless the spannar is bending

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Call me a wimp then. I've used heat to break nuts lose a few times.

It's easy peasy japaneasy. And way better than breaking a stud.

D

davis2

I just don't want to burn MY nuts

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Way back in the the day had a manager named Chet who was a dick. Our favorite Christmas Carol went. "Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire"
Pissed him off.....good.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

1723326829112.png

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Those are for the other side of the car

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Those are for the other side of the car
LOL!

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Don't tell anyone, but when I was 15 or 16, I put my lug nuts on wrong.

But in my defense, me and a friend were smoking whacky weed at the time. And were laughing so hard, I'm surprised I even got the wheel back on the studs.

About 30 miles later, the front end started shaking so bad, I could hardly get to the side of the road.

I'm just glad it didn't come completely off. And even more glad that I had an older brother to bring me a tire tool and
3am.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Don't tell anyone, but when I was 15 or 16, I put my lug nuts on wrong.

But in my defense, me and a friend were smoking whacky weed at the time. And were laughing so hard, I'm surprised I even got the wheel back on the studs.

About 30 miles later, the front end started shaking so bad, I could hardly get to the side of the road.

I'm just glad it didn't come completely off. And even more glad that I had an older brother to bring me a tire tool and
3am.
I did it on a tractor once that had tapered lug nuts like that. Out of pure, not knowing.