When customers work on their own stuff.

DaveTN

Threads
I’ve got this senior friend who is a magician! He will ask me to come over
and repair his riding mower. He admits he knows very little about mowers.
But when I start to diagnose and repair it, he suddenly turns into a genius
mechanic and tells me what I need to do to fix it! His wife will come out and
say “Billy, come on in the house and let Dave work on the mower!” Ever had
one of those? Similar to IL’s # 3 on his list.

mcostello

Threads
I had a truck that a local tractor repair man worked on. The gas tank rotted out so He cut a hole in the truck bed and used a grease barrell for a gas tank. Changing the oil one day and looked into the engine I noticed there was a hole in the block mostly welded up. Asked Him what happened and He said that He lost a bolt and could not find it and it blew a hole in the side of the block so He sleeved it. He took the transmission apart and put it back togheter and it would not stay in gear so I had to hold the shifter (3 on the tree) constantly, snap ring left out when assembled. Last thing He did was welding on something and laid the stinger down on the bench touching an aerosol paint can and it blew up taking an eye with it. Another neighbor was worse also killed.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now come on haven't you looked a Metric adjustable wrench? I love to drive the inexperienced tool guys at Lowe's and Home Depot crazy.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now come on haven't you looked a Metric adjustable wrench? I love to drive the inexperienced tool guys at Lowe's and Home Depot crazy.
I ask if the case of post holes i ordered 12 years ago are in .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had a cust bring me an engine in a box completely disassembled and all fasteners and small parts in a bag

I'd love to get something like this, and charge them about $500 to put everything back together. And when asked what was wrong, tell them "Oh it just needed a spark plug," or something simple and external.
Then snap a quick pic of the look on their face.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:LOL: (y)

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'd love to get something like this, and charge them about $500 to put everything back together. And when asked what was wrong, tell them "Oh it just needed a spark plug," or something simple and external.
Then snap a quick pic of the look on their face.
One of my in a box engines just needed a spark plug after reassembly

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice to get an EZ one..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not going to fool with their junk I'm already 4 weeks behind.

Well then. You need to step it up, man. Loafing all day won't get you caught up. :p:p:p