What would you pay?

LMmowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
:laughing:

Hello
How much would you pay for a nice

John Deere 111 lawn tractor with nice running 11 hp engine and mower deck in good condition?

Thanks for your time!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the one that is for sale:

John Deere 111 Lawn Tractor

Do you think it is a good deal?

The JD 111 was made between 1979 and 1985 depending on the year it's probably not worth over $350. The tractor new was only somewhere around $1800. If you're truly interested I'd offer $200 maybe $250. You can figure the mower is between 27 and 33 years old so it's not worth much. I'd be real careful. Personally I wouldn't touch the thing.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
$350 is not bad for that.
I do not like JD at all but that's a good price for that mower it was built good

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
$350 is not bad for that.
I do not like JD at all but that's a good price for that mower it was built good

I have a question for you Carscw. With the countless complaints about Ethanol Gas today and today's equipment which is set up to run on ethanol not running properly on the stuff How well do you suppose a 27 to 33 year old mower is going to run on Ethanol gas? Just a point that mite be a concern.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a long story maybe the ugly green paint but I like JD tractors. I think to much of the price is the name. Parts cost to much ( like the double V deck belt I had to buy for my snapper wish is for sale now) or it could be that the newest ones don't last any longer then a Walmart weedeater mower. Or maybe it's that people think there murray is worth more because the engine came off a JD that the engine out lasted the rest of the mower. Or maybe I just don't really have a good reason not to like them but that someone I don't like likes them. But I would buy this one clean it up real good and double my $ just because some one will pay for the name

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric said:
I have a question for you Carscw. With the countless complaints about Ethanol Gas today and today's equipment which is set up to run on ethanol not running properly on the stuff How well do you suppose a 27 to 33 year old mower is going to run on Ethanol gas? Just a point that mite be a concern.

I am thinking it will run better than most of the junk made now. I have a Briggs that is 30 years old only thing done to it was new oil and rebuilt the carb. It sat outside for 5 years so carb had rust. Been running it four 2 years with the same plugs that where in it. Alot of blame goes to the ethanol in the gas. ( I know don't why your over priced mower don't run it must be the ethanol )
Maybe it's the cheap parts.
Ok so he pays $350 for this mower and the engine goes out so he buys a Murray for $100 and does a engine swap.

It's a good price for a good mower so he might have to rebuilt the carb down the road so a extra $12.00