WHAT IS THE BEST PUSH MOWER?

possum

Threads
Alot of folks do not have the mindset for such things . What you ran into with the truck is typical of someone trying to do right but doing harm by doing so. A little knowledge is dangerous. I know my neighbors pretty well, most of them never change the oil in their small lawnmowers. Most of them still run well after a few years of this and the engine does not cause the loss of the mower it is the other things breaking or falling apart. The scrap yard here that takes mowers to junk has stacks of engines they sell to some buyer down south. My neighbor across the street has a small shed full of cheap lawnmower engines and other parts from folks who just drop a mower off at his place on their way to buy another. The young mother across from my fatherinlaw rolls her pusher over every spring to ask him to check the oil. She then mows all season with it. Most mowers get bought around here when income tax money comes back. Buying a new pusher every year or two is common due to bad carbs, or the wheels break.

Darl Bundren

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had one of the Hondas with the Xenoy decks, and while the deck held up well, it did not do too well for mowing--finely mulched grass from the double blade setup would glom on there and I'd have to scrape under the deck after every mowing. And then the transmission went out and they wanted $300 for a replacement. Whew. I sold it.

I like my Lawnboys a ton, but they've been giving me trouble with the carbs getting all gunked up. If they're running right I'd put them up there among the best, but in my experience it's hard to keep them running right because the plastic carbs are a weak link in a great engine.

Threads
I had one of the Hondas with the Xenoy decks, and while the deck held up well, it did not do too well for mowing--finely mulched grass from the double blade setup would glom on there and I'd have to scrape under the deck after every mowing. And then the transmission went out and they wanted $300 for a replacement. Whew. I sold it.

I like my Lawnboys a ton, but they've been giving me trouble with the carbs getting all gunked up. If they're running right I'd put them up there among the best, but in my experience it's hard to keep them running right because the plastic carbs are a weak link in a great engine.

Personally I would say Honda. You said you didn't like the Zenoy decks, well the HRX mower (the on on the left in the picture) has a NeXite deck, which is durable AND functional. I love it!
DSCN7263 - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited:

ramaglia375

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are one smart man. There is a thread going around in Tractorbynet where someone took his nearly new Toyota truck to his dealership for an oil change and the morons who did the work failed to tighten the drain plug. The problem with having things like that done is most people assume the people they are paying big money to KNOW and CARE about what they are doing.

Well, most of them (paid dealer staff) don't give a flying f--- about what they are doing. Sad, but true.

I actually experienced the same thing with another major auto manufacturer after dealer servicing. The oil plug actually fell out when I was driving down the highway.