Well I can blame this on Covid-19 mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayrh

Threads
Just noticed my drivers was two years out of date. North Carolina said to apply (by internet) and just apply for a new one. Only $45 later and I am legal again........ Jay

SamB

Threads
Lucky you still have tags.
The vegetables down here decided that they could save a few thousand by no longer issuing them.
Then 2 years latter they started fitting camera to every police vehicle to read the number plates & check if the vehicle is currently registered
And the cameras are so good they can process both side of a 6 lane expressway from a vehicle doing 80 mph.
The current generation of cameras can now recognise the profie shape of a lot of vehicles so can tell if you have switched over number plates .
Nice little money earner that one.
You can of course download an app that will tell you if your vehicle is currently taxed but if you are borrowing one or borrowing a trailer there is no way to check it's status
Plus of course the app tracks you where you are driving and will also record if you answered your mobile while in the car , yet another fine .
It's getting very close to that here in the good 'ol USA. Our city has outfitted plate readers to the patrol cars now.
The LEO's won't say what all they can be used for. They say they ae only for checking for stolen vehicles. Ooooook,yeah,right.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
We are under surveillance then most us even know. They want to catch us not abiding by the law when they don't even to so. Like the Idoit Ran Service that can't get off their backside and process my tax forms. It been two years and still awaiting on my refunds. I have quit sending in my income tax payments starting this year.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Yesterday while talking with a customer he noticed my truck tag. It had a 2019 sticker. Somehow I have forgotten to renew my tag for several years now. With all the problems caused by Covid-19 I reckon it just got caught in the mess. Boy am I embarrassed that I allow this to slip by. I going first thing this morning and get it taken care of but having to pay for three years of tags at one time hurts. At least they will let me off without a fine according to license department person I tlked to late yesterday.

Things like the above doesn't help for an old guy to start forgetting to do. I honestly thought I had done it must have gotten side tracked along the way.

Maybe things will settle down soon. I still fighting parts supply problems. At least I gotten half of the workload done so I getting finally caught up somewhat.
In NY MV department was shut down during covid and cops were told to do nothing if it fell within..except to have us remember! We could do some things by mail, not much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's getting very close to that here in the good 'ol USA. Our city has outfitted plate readers to the patrol cars now.
The LEO's won't say what all they can be used for. They say they ae only for checking for stolen vehicles. Ooooook,yeah,right.
If they use the system that we developed down here, which is highly unlikely because the USA by & large refuses to use technology developed outside the USA , this is what the local cameras do

1) check if the vehicle is registered
2) check the vehicle is not stolen
3) check if the registered owner has a drivers license
4) check if any one at the registered garaging address has a cancelled or suspended drivers license
5) check if any one at the garaging address has any outstanding warrants ( including the driver )
6) check the child support to see if the vehicle owner has an order against them and if it is up to date
7) do the same as above for the known family members ( common for suspended drivers to swap vehicles to avoid detection )
8) check if there are any unpaid fines associated with that plate
9) check that the plate belongs to the vehicle ( if the make & model was recognised )
10) Check the criminal record of the registered owners & all associated with the vehicle &/or registered address
11 ) Check the bail record to see if any one associated with the vehicle is currently on bail or has a court attendance notice
12) check the fire arms registry to see if any one associated with the vehicle or the supposed driver has a fire arm ( only done if one of the above is flagged )
If any of those fail then the car automatically lights up & the cop has to pull you over
The one exception is if it fails & there are firearms linked in which case the cop still has to pull over the vehicle but only after back up arrives .

They are constantly adding more cross refferencing but it is a slow process as two or more government departments have to agree to use a common data base platform so it can be read real time as the plate goes past at 80 mph in the opposite direction .

I know some one who works in the IT section that runs the system .
The fixed cameras they use for traffic control also check the vehicle profile to see if the plate on the vehicle matches the shape of the vehicle it should be on.
That information currently is just logged but it will eventually be either passed on the police so you can be intercepted or to infringement processing so the plate will be deregistered on the spot thus the next time it passes a patrol car you will be pinched and this system can tell the difference between types of trailers & their size
Right now they are up against band with limits .

The logic behind this was originally to catch unlicensed drivers because if they have a collision their insurance policy is void .
This made it acceptable to the general public
To get the cops on board they use this system to abandon the 3am raids to catch escaped prisioners & make arrests .
Being that in a car on the side of the road they present less threat to the police than in their own home .

It is a gross loss of individual freedoms and a massive invasion of personal privacy.
Originally it was just a license , registration & warrant check but like all of these "big brother" ideas it suffered mission creep & has become the monster it is now days .

Waiting in the wings is average speed cameras being applied to all vehicles , not just heavy transport .
Been tested for a long while & is worth a staggering $38,000,000 in speeding fines that could have beed issued so financial pressures will cause it to be activated.
Trucks allowed average speed fines to come in provided spot fines for exceeding the limit by less than 20kph got abolished which they did .

This is because they sold off roadside mobile speed cameras to a private contractor and they of course put them at the bottom of every big hill .

Last edited:

MowManWV

Threads
Yesterday while talking with a customer he noticed my truck tag. It had a 2019 sticker. Somehow I have forgotten to renew my tag for several years now. With all the problems caused by Covid-19 I reckon it just got caught in the mess. Boy am I embarrassed that I allow this to slip by. I going first thing this morning and get it taken care of but having to pay for three years of tags at one time hurts. At least they will let me off without a fine according to license department person I tlked to late yesterday.

Things like the above doesn't help for an old guy to start forgetting to do. I honestly thought I had done it must have gotten side tracked along the way.

Maybe things will settle down soon. I still fighting parts supply problems. At least I gotten half of the workload done so I getting finally caught up somewhat.
Seriously, I doubt police in my AO still care about this sort of thing. In 2020 I let a front headlight go for about 6 months. I know I straight up passed officers at night but I guess it was simply too cold for them to want to be outside for the stop.

Only later on in spring was I pulled over and then (I highly suspect) because it was a new officer, under direction of his ride along instructor, and me coming out of a pretty seedy neighborhood at night. Even then it was a written warning and a thank you. Officer straight up said "I am new at this and I want to thank you for being so polite and so courteous, this is basically a 'textbook perfect' stop." We ended up talking military and guns for 15 minutes and then we shook hands.

Covid 19 was never a "pandemic" it was a plandemic, mapped out for some time and only launched then due to the likelihood of a Trump re-election. Evidence for this abounds. Look into World Economic Forum's "Agenda 2030." Their website "you'll own nothing, you'll have no privacy, and you will be happy."

MowManWV

Threads
OP,

To answer your question, "sure!" Just tell them "I was too scared of getting Covid to go into the courthouse." It works.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Covid 19 was never a "pandemic" it was a plandemic, mapped out for some time and only launched then due to the likelihood of a Trump re-election. Evidence for this abounds. Look into World Economic Forum's "Agenda 2030." Their website "you'll own nothing, you'll have no privacy, and you will be happy."
If you really believe this then you need to have a serious think about where you source your information from or how you rationalize what you read or both of them.
The world by and large does not give a tinkers curse about who is President of the USA .
Some vested interests would prefer one over the other for their own financial gains but mostly no one outside the USA cares and probably a good few within the USA don't care either .
How the pandemic was handled world wide was very poor because every country put the finances of large businesses ahead of the health of their population.
It is a virus .
It can not live out side of it's host for much more then 72 hours and that is inside a lab where it is not exposed to UV rays which kill it along with most other viruses .
Inside the host ( you ) it takes the body around 2 to 3 weeks to rid itself of the virus
So if EVERYONE stayed at home for 4 weeks then only the people who were virus free were allowed out it would have beed dead & dusted in a couple of months .
And for people who have to work they needed to be isolated from the general population & / or properly decontaminated before being allowed back in.
Thus power station workers would have to stay on site for the months, same with chemical plant workers & essential services , fire , police, ambos, hospitals etc
However very few governments were willing to do this .
We did it down here initially & it worked very well then some one dropped the ball and quarrentine failed
New Zealand, Singapore & Korea also managed it for a while till they allowed quarentine breaches to occur .

As for information, well that is the new currency .
Any one involved in IT will tell you that it is all about data capture
As to what they are going to do with that data, no one has any idea but they still want it
Like two kids in a play ground seeking to elevate their status because they have more marbles in their bags than every one else.

As for governments spying on you it is nothing compared to private industry spying on you but people happily give up their data because they are too lazy to pay with cash for instance , seem to think that they are so important that everyone wants to know where they are what they saw & what they ate or think that getting reward points towards stuff they will probably never use even if they do manage to redeem them because people are greedy , lazy & stupid.

Then when they realize how bad things have become they look for some one else to blame , some dark world sinister meglomaniac who want to rule the world ( seen one too many James Bond movie )
The biggest data criminal on the planet if Bezos , closely followed by Musk but they are heroes because they have a lot of money and of course are flag waving patriotic USA citizens not them nasty Chinese or Russians .

MowManWV

Threads
So Bert....when are you taking your 5th jab?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yet to get the 3rd
made an appointment to get the double jab Flu + covid next week.
The further apart the jabs the stronger the immunity and of course the better the vaccines .
I ride motorcycles mostly so am in the sunlight . UV kills covid
I work mostly alone outside so not much chance of getting infected
When customers come we stand around 2 yards apart most of the time
When I shop I wear a mask when inside .
Wherever possible I shop at outdoor markets.
I live alone
So very little chance of getting infected .
Some of the people I ride with are on their 3rd or 4th infection
In fact we had a ride today but the ride captain could not come because he is at home with infection No 4

Status
Not open for further replies.