Watch this videos please and tell me if its possible

dieselb0y

Threads
Hello gang , I have an Craftsman 550 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine Model No. 944.361300 . My blade hit a metal post couple of times , and the last time the engline start to be less strong , like if the motor does't run as fast. Check these videos please. Can this trouble and weak power can be cause by the shaft ?

Link to videos : https://filebin.net/8pu5cu1oyu7s00ui

Mower King

Threads
Hello gang , I have an Craftsman 550 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine Model No. 944.361300 . My blade hit a metal post couple of times , and the last time the engline start to be less strong , like if the motor does't run as fast. Check these videos please. Can this trouble and weak power can be cause by the shaft ?

Link to videos : https://filebin.net/8pu5cu1oyu7s00ui
It probably sheared the flywheel key (Alum) and is out of time (ignition timing)....remove flywheel to find out, then replace it if it is sheared (broke)

dieselb0y

Threads
Hey thanks for your reply mower king! Here is pictures of the flywheel key , not broke , but sign of wear .... sorry for the low quality of the pictures . You think thats the cause of the problem ?

Attachments

• key1-min.jpg
    key1-min.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 15
  • key2-min.jpg
    key2-min.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 15

Mower King

Threads
Hey thanks for your reply mower king! Here is pictures of the flywheel key , not broke , but sign of wear .... sorry for the low quality of the pictures . You think thats the cause of the problem ?
I can't tell 100% by the pics but, the key does not look sheared, sheared is usually split into 2 pieces.

dieselb0y

Threads
Yeah exact , thats why I suspect more the shaft. What do you think about the shaft when you look at the video ? Seems to be bend enough to cause the trouble ?

Mower King

Threads
Yeah exact , thats why I suspect more the shaft. What do you think about the shaft when you look at the video ? Seems to be bend enough to cause the trouble ?
I couldn't get the videos to open but, a bent crankshaft is never a good thing either....does it vibrate after the impact?

dieselb0y

Threads
Oh ok , it will be easier for you after watching these three videos ;)

dieselb0y

Threads
Hey hey thanks Mower King.

Mower King

Threads
Hey hey thanks Mower King.
Unfortunately, most of the time, it's not cost effective to replace a crankshaft in a push mower......unless it's a real high dollar mower. Might be time for a new mower!