Export thread

Watch this videos please and tell me if its possible

D

dieselb0y

Hello gang , I have an Craftsman 550 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine Model No. 944.361300 . My blade hit a metal post couple of times , and the last time the engline start to be less strong , like if the motor does't run as fast. Check these videos please. Can this trouble and weak power can be cause by the shaft ?

Link to videos : https://filebin.net/8pu5cu1oyu7s00ui

Mower King

Mower King

Hello gang , I have an Craftsman 550 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine Model No. 944.361300 . My blade hit a metal post couple of times , and the last time the engline start to be less strong , like if the motor does't run as fast. Check these videos please. Can this trouble and weak power can be cause by the shaft ?

Link to videos : https://filebin.net/8pu5cu1oyu7s00ui
It probably sheared the flywheel key (Alum) and is out of time (ignition timing)....remove flywheel to find out, then replace it if it is sheared (broke)

D

dieselb0y

Hey thanks for your reply mower king! Here is pictures of the flywheel key , not broke , but sign of wear .... sorry for the low quality of the pictures . You think thats the cause of the problem ?

Attachments

Mower King

Mower King

Hey thanks for your reply mower king! Here is pictures of the flywheel key , not broke , but sign of wear .... sorry for the low quality of the pictures . You think thats the cause of the problem ?
I can't tell 100% by the pics but, the key does not look sheared, sheared is usually split into 2 pieces.

D

dieselb0y

Yeah exact , thats why I suspect more the shaft. What do you think about the shaft when you look at the video ? Seems to be bend enough to cause the trouble ?

Mower King

Mower King

Yeah exact , thats why I suspect more the shaft. What do you think about the shaft when you look at the video ? Seems to be bend enough to cause the trouble ?
I couldn't get the videos to open but, a bent crankshaft is never a good thing either....does it vibrate after the impact?

D

dieselb0y

Oh ok , it will be easier for you after watching these three videos ;)

Mower King

Mower King

Oh ok , it will be easier for you after watching these three videos ;)

Bent crank for sure, that will vibrate bad!

D

dieselb0y

Hey hey thanks Mower King.

Mower King

Mower King

Hey hey thanks Mower King.
Unfortunately, most of the time, it's not cost effective to replace a crankshaft in a push mower......unless it's a real high dollar mower. Might be time for a new mower!

D

dieselb0y

Unfortunately, most of the time, it's not cost effective to replace a crankshaft in a push mower......unless it's a real high dollar mower. Might be time for a new mower!
Well said!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Check around some of the independent mower shops to see if they have an in the engine crankshaft straightener. If you take the engine off and take it in may not cost much. I charge $50 if the engine is off the mower.

D

dieselb0y

Hey its me again . I have a new lawn mower now :) so my girlfriend is now happy to see the clean cut grass when she wake up in the morning.....but ....I'm not able to trash away my old one ....maybe to sentimental....and I have a doubt that only a bent shaft would make the low engine sound that you hear on the clip... and the lawn mower doesn't vibrate a lot even if the shaft is bent . Maybe I miss something and there is another thing who make the motor to run low. What do you think ?

Fish

Fish

You might call around local shops, there are a few that still "straighten" cranks.

Mower King

Mower King

Hey its me again . I have a new lawn mower now :) so my girlfriend is now happy to see the clean cut grass when she wake up in the morning.....but ....I'm not able to trash away my old one ....maybe to sentimental....and I have a doubt that only a bent shaft would make the low engine sound that you hear on the clip... and the lawn mower doesn't vibrate a lot even if the shaft is bent . Maybe I miss something and there is another thing who make the motor to run low. What do you think ?
Hey...don't hit / impact anything with your new mower.....you want to keep her happy!!

D

dieselb0y

Hey...don't hit / impact anything with your new mower.....you want to keep her happy!!
Loll

D

dieselb0y

I have oil on the spark plug , maybe a blown piston seal , I lost a lot of oil after the impact.

Mower King

Mower King

I have oil on the spark plug , maybe a blown piston seal , I lost a lot of oil after the impact.
Pistons.......uh....don't have seals!

D

dieselb0y

Pistons.......uh....don't have seals!
I mean ... the seals that keep oil from leaking into the combustion chamber

B

bertsmobile1

And people always wonder why I always recommend mowers with swing back blades on a disc.
Pity you can not get them in the USA any more

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

And people always wonder why I always recommend mowers with swing back blades on a disc.
Pity you can not get them in the USA any more
I am surprised that as dangerous as a mower is you can even buy one. Since America is into the new sport of outlawing ANYTHING that someone THINKS might be dangerous and if you disagree you want to kill children. They want to outlaw all knives and most schools have dropped shop classes, too dangerous. Playgrounds have taken out climbing structures. The insanity is mind boggling. The small town/state tin god poloticians want to legislate absolute saftey (translated as total control) "for the children"
Looks like i need another cup of coffee.

Fish

Fish

The oil is likely from turning over the engine.

D

dieselb0y

The oil is likely from turning over the engine.
Yes good chance thats happen! . Maybe this video will give you more clue. Here is a video without the air filter and with me playing with the carb spring.

Mower King

Mower King

Yes good chance thats happen! . Maybe this video will give you more clue. Here is a video without the air filter and with me playing with the carb spring.
I have seen some push mowers with carbs like that, not run right and act like that because of the air filter housing stud not in the carb, see if you install the air filter housing and stud tight, if it changes it.