Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is what the Aust site looks like
JD manuals
The important thing is the .deere. after www

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I usually trust sites that are HTTP or HTTPS encrypted... I also use the DuckDuckGo browser and if it thinks the site is malicious, it will warn you.
1627690668074.png

runandrise

Threads
Good evening! I have successfully reinstalled the belts on my XS85, at least how I believe they go…based on some belt diagrams I’ve seen.
however, I have other problems. There must be a loose connection with the battery somewhere. I have 12.85 volts and my ignition is “sporadic”. When it turns over it starts very quickly, otherwise nothing.
So I got it to start, but no movement. Left pedal down. Gear lever full forward, nothing.
I’m heading out of town for a few weeks so the mower is under the deck and covered with plastic until I get back…
Recapping, Transmission turned opposite when I twisted on axle. Only one
Side spun when I rotated the top wheel.
many thoughts always appreciated. It will be
A few weeks before I can report back..
Thanks for all the help!

runandrise

Threads
Good evening! I see I’m almost a year from my last post. The tractor feel back to the bottom of the list, as other “things“ took priority…glad to be back putzing around with the rider. At this point I’m assembled, but I have no spark. Can I please get a few things to check in regards to spark? I have an in-line spark tester that I tested first on my chainsaw…
Thanks much!
Kevin

runandrise

Threads
Well I’m happy to report that I got the SX85 running. It was a little lazy of me to ask the next step…what I was really saying was “ would you come over and fix this for me?🤣
I decided I would take the flywheel cover off. After getting it off, I discovered a mouse nest underneath. It had chewed on a few wires, but not down to the conductor. I taped it all up. But what I noticed right away was how rusty the flywheel was. I have read several times from fellow users that the rust doesn’t make any difference. I like it clean and remove all doubt, so I used a grinder with a wire wheel and cleaned up the part that runs around the coil.
The coil was very covered in oil/dirt paste, so I took it off and cleaned it all up too. I think this was probably my biggest problem because with the rust and oil/ dirt mix, I don’t think there was much of a gap.
So reassembled to test, used my spark tester and it fired right up…
Off to my next issue which is it won’t move forward or backward. I’m wondering if the belt is making contact with the top pulley….🤔
Any direction appreciated . you can come to Bolingbrook and help too. Lol

runandrise

Threads
Well I’m embarrassed to admit this, but their might be other guys out here as “challenged” as me. I’ve had a few other rider lawnmowers, this is my first John Deere. It was given to me by a friend who works at a lawn repair and it was a trade in with the diagnosis of “blown” tranny by the owner. He want a new one. NONE of the other riders had a “GAS” pedal…I couldn’t move my rider because I wasn’t giving it gas! My engine throttle was controlled by the left hand adjuster. All my other mowers were controlled by my letting out the clutch? (Although maybe I was mistaken there too?)
I admit this hoping I have helped someone else out. No kidding.
The happy end of the story is from no spark, no start, I now have a running SX85 in very good condition cosmetically speaking…no rust at all! And I will enjoy cutting my grass. This winter I will clean up all the oil that’s on it and the engine, and maybe even buy new front tires! Woohoo!