Want to install light switch for craftsman LT 2500

CXG4U

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Want to install light switch for craftsman LT 2500
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and appreciate any help you can give. I want to install a switch on my LT 2500 so that the lights can be turned on/off when I want to do so. They come on when you crank it and you cant turn them off.

Also, is there a way to mow in reverse?? Maybe a plug or something I can undo>>>> Thanks in advance for you help.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Want to install light switch for craftsman LT 2500
on my LT 2500 ... the lights ... come on when you crank it and you cant turn them off.

Are you sure they come on during the 'crank' cycle?? I thought they were only on during engine run.
:smile:KennyV

CXG4U

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you sure they come on during the 'crank' cycle?? I thought they were only on during engine run.
:smile:KennyV

Dont know exactly, but they are on the entire time it is running. I just want to install a switch so i can turn them on when i want to. Lol. Preferrably they would only come on with the switch after the key is in the on position. Thanks for any advice.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just put an inline SPST ((single pole, single throw)switch. Mount the switch where you like, then run a pair of wires from the switch to the power feed line going to the lights. Cut that wire and attach one of each of those two new wires from the switch, to the cut wire ends.
If you do not have a fuse for the light circuit this would be a good time to place an inline fuse to protect the wiring. :smile:KennyV

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is a simple wiring diagram or schematic for the lights that I drew to help.
attachment.php

simple12.jpg

nine51

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2 year old LT2000. If you want to mow in reverse you have to find the reverse lockout switch that grounds out the ignition when the blades are running and the mower is shifted into reverse. My lockout switch was under the frame near the left rear wheel. It was a white plastic connector with a yellow wire that plugged into what looks like a spring metal switch assembly that completes a circuit when the mower is shifted into reverse. I unplugged the connector and taped it up to a nearby cable with electrical tape.

I also installed a rocker switch for the lights. I just located the wires that ran from the headlights back toward the steering wheel and ignition switch and cut in a fuse and switch in series with that wire similar to the diagram posted earlier. I drilled out a hole in the console just below the parking break lever. There was a nice raised area that looked like it was meant to have a switch mounted there on some other model. It now looks like it was a factory job. I need to figure out how to post a photo so you can see what I'm trying to describe.

kevin_t

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: How to enable mow in reverse craftsman LT 2500

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and appreciate any help you can give. I want to install a switch on my LT 2500 so that the lights can be turned on/off when I want to do so. They come on when you crank it and you cant turn them off.

Also, is there a way to mow in reverse?? Maybe a plug or something I can undo>>>> Thanks in advance for you help.

Above the left rear tire ( between forward /reverse shifter and cup holder ), there is a single yellow / black wire with a male / female connector.
disconnect this, electrical tape both ends and zip tie to the frame