USPS/Ebay delivery

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you have a regular delivery driver things can a setup for package placement but I never seems to have a regular delivery person. They even knew where I keep the keys to the lock box. IE you can train them but not the stray ones.

Before I move to my current location I had regular drivers so they knew where to put the packages when I was out of pocket. Big difference between Alabama and Tennessee deliveries. I wish I was back in Alabama, just too many lost packages now. January isn't even over yet and I done had one lost package.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ur lucky..
The lady who delivers US mail is cool and likes me because i put up a large mailbox. You would be suprised what will fit in it. If she does need to bring a package to the house she puts it on the patio and texts me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The lady who delivers US mail is cool and likes me because i put up a large mailbox. You would be suprised what will fit in it. If she does need to bring a package to the house she puts it on the patio and texts me.
Yes large mailbox can accept fairly good packages, I just worry about the weight at times. Mine is plastic mounted. The neighbor has already broken it off with his mower but the epoxy I used seems to holding very well.

But of course I tend to use UPS over USPS for heavy packages. For smaller packages the USPS does have better rates currently when I can wait a few extra days. Either way tracking usually the way I find a package delivery at times.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You want to try to be on the border of the metropolitan & regional delivery zones like I am.
The river is 400 yards away from the gate
East of the river is Sydney & west of the river is regional .
And for some idiot reason the authorities moved the suburb border from the river to the top of the hill adding 300 houses into the "city " suburb.
Then PDAs came along so the metropolitan driver gets to the river but when he crosses it the PDA goes "out of zone:" so won't allow the driver to scan in the package let alone deliver it .
BAck on the other side the PDA's won't allow them to scan the packages because the address is wrong
Ain't technology grand
Very common for a delivery to take several months because transport companies employ brain dead dock hands who are hard pressed to read the post codes and get them in the right bins let alone know this post code straddles the zone border .
So my delivery gets tossed into customer service, who checks the address against one of the computer files, OK's it puts it back on the dock, the dock hand puts it back in the 2745 bin, the driver takes it out, their PDA won't allow him to deriver it so it goes back to customer service.
I actually have had some delivery services send my deliveries back marked "no such address ".

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before i retired from the day job we had a major customer who wrote us a check for about a million a month for leases and supplies on 7 of our printers. Fedex used to deliver overnight by 10:30 the next day. Then they "partnered" with UPS and they delivered packages to UPS after the trucks had left for deliveries for the day so it was hopefully the second day after a part was ordered it finally arrived. The account was assigned to me and it was my job to kiss ass and keep them happy. Nothing like standing in front of the plant manager the production manager and the comptroller and telling them a machine would be down for a couple days for a part and they let you know they were losing $50k every shift the machine was down. They ran 24/7. Just another reason i retired. Best thing was that the clowns left to service the machines had them down so much because they couldn't fix the machines and didn't know how to kiss corperate ass the customer canceled all the equipment. Sales rep called me and asked WTF was going on? I just laughed my ass off.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My rural mailman is new & pretty creative, he had a box for me that wouldn't fit in my regular size mailbox. So he just mashed the package (re-sized) & crammed it in my box. WTF ? my mrs couldn't pull it out the mailbox, I had to get it.

Called & raised heck about it.. He has been much nicer lately.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before i retired from the day job we had a major customer who wrote us a check for about a million a month for leases and supplies on 7 of our printers. Fedex used to deliver overnight by 10:30 the next day. Then they "partnered" with UPS and they delivered packages to UPS after the trucks had left for deliveries for the day so it was hopefully the second day after a part was ordered it finally arrived. The account was assigned to me and it was my job to kiss ass and keep them happy. Nothing like standing in front of the plant manager the production manager and the comptroller and telling them a machine would be down for a couple days for a part and they let you know they were losing $50k every shift the machine was down. They ran 24/7. Just another reason i retired. Best thing was that the clowns left to service the machines had them down so much because they couldn't fix the machines and didn't know how to kiss corperate ass the customer canceled all the equipment. Sales rep called me and asked WTF was going on? I just laughed my ass off.
Well that serves your company right
There are much better delivery services like Midnight Express where the delivery driver looses money the longer it take for the delivery to happen .
I was one of their delivery agents in Sydney.
It was worth $ 100 if the package was signed for within 30 minutes of the plane landing and the rate went down by 25¢ / minute there after till the base $ 5 was gotten to.
Used a lot by music & movie industry
There are a couple of other similar service providers.
TNT do a "direct car" service where the nearest vacant car get the job & nothing else till it is delivered .
Rate is about 10 times of the standard fee.
IBM & HP used them a lot up to 100 miles.
All of the local airlines do "speed bags " where if you can get to the terminal before the last inflight staff leaves the building they take it onboard with them .
Again not cheap but megga quick as you do not have to wait for baggage handlers
Did hundreds of them over the years .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got called out once on a sunday to one of the aerospace contractors, Computer Sciences Corp, because the printer went down. When i got there they were in a panic. I fixed it in 10 minutes. The guy in charge asked if i would stay there until the job was done in a few hours. He said i could wait with the FedEx guy. The FedEx guy said they had jet on standby at the Dayton airport and a truck and driver waiting at national airport in DC to take what they were printing to the pentagon.They were printing a revised bid for a 100 million dollar contract and the deadline to submit the bid was midnight that night. I got paid time and a half to sit and eat pizza for a few hours. FedEx guy said they were paying huge $$$ to charter a jet, trucks and drivers on a Sunday.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ordered a set of grommets and the tool from Walmart+ the other day. Walmart+ usually has fast shipping. Like Amazon used to be. So I ventured into buying from them and have had great success. Plus their items are usually a little cheaper than Amazon.
Well, checking the tracking, shipping label was created in Illinois. It showed package being picked up in CA, shipped to IL, then back to IL. And waited and waited. Then a few days later showed it was in IL on the day it was supposed to be delivered.
To heck with all that. I contacted Walmart and they refunded the money within 24hours.
The next day, it showed it was delivered. But of course it wasn't. Checked my bank account and the money was refunded.
Since it said it was refunded.

They need to stop allowing shippers to claim something has been shipped just by providing a tracking number. When the package has been pick up by the carrier, then it should be labeled as shipped.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ordered some stuff from a network suppy company and got stuff in 2 days. Ordered some cooking knives from a smsll company and got them in 3 days. Ordered some networking stuff from amazon with 2 day shipping and got it over a week later.