Farm tractor = spending your own money
Worlds of difference .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
County mowers = spending tax payers money
Farm tractor = spending your own money
Worlds of difference .
The OP is talking about a Snapper riding mower. The cost would not be as steep on small tires. A new wheel assembly is around $100 each. I’m sure that there are local tire dealers who offers that service for small equipment too. He should call around and ask his local tire dealers about his problem and the solution.

Threads
Shortly after buying my JD lawn tractor, it developed a very, very slow leak in the left front tire. I would have to put air in every week before mowing. I found a product I'm sure all you guys know about - "Slime". It's a suspension with tiny polyurethane bits and fibers. I had used a similar product Sears sold several years ago. Anyway, it's "squeezed" through a tube into the flattened tire with the valve removed (of course) before refilling air, then rolls around in there under outward pressure, filling any small punctures. They boldly claim it will seal up to 1/4 in. hole. I don't want to find out if that's true, but it worked beautifully for me - no more leak, and that was nearly 3 yrs. ago. I don't know if it is heavy duty enough for Boho's problem, but just thought I'd comment.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shortly after buying my JD lawn tractor, it developed a very, very slow leak in the left front tire. I would have to put air in every week before mowing. I found a product I'm sure all you guys know about - "Slime". It's a suspension with tiny polyurethane bits and fibers. I had used a similar product Sears sold several years ago. Anyway, it's "squeezed" through a tube into the flattened tire with the valve removed (of course) before refilling air, then rolls around in there under outward pressure, filling any small punctures. They boldly claim it will seal up to 1/4 in. hole. I don't want to find out if that's true, but it worked beautifully for me - no more leak, and that was nearly 3 yrs. ago. I don't know if it is heavy duty enough for Boho's problem, but just thought I'd comment.
It’s not. Texas Mesquite thorns are a big problem. The OP is going to need to contact a local tire shop or ATV shop and find out what they recommend.

Skippydiesel

Threads
The stuff is called tyre moese and is frightfully expensive
Farm tractors usually run tubed tyres 1/3 filled with water for ballast
I am a retired agricultural scientist/farmer - Water filling of tyres as ballast is an old fashioned cheap trick, that should not be used on modern tractors. Modern tractors are:
  • Designed with well researched weight distribution
  • Require a certain degree of wheel slip to protect gears and clutch systems
  • Reliant on air/tyre wall flex for suspension and transmission cushioning
  • If weight must be added , use the correct wheel weights, front frame weights or a ballast box on the 3 point linkage.
Water in tyres has only two good features - it cheap and a leak shows up easily.
Anyone having to remove/repair a water filled tyre will know that .5 - 1 tonne of water is really hard to manage without the aid of a front end loader/forklift.

BohoRex

Threads
The OP is talking about a Snapper riding mower. The cost would not be as steep on small tires. A new wheel assembly is around $100 each. I’m sure that there are local tire dealers who offers that service for small equipment too. He should call around and ask his local tire dealers about his problem and the solution.
And for now - I'm running the tires I put on this last winter - with the Green Slime sealant inside. Knock on simulated woodgrain vinyl - but so far - I've not had any problems - as the stop-leak is doing it's job.

No matter what - it's a pain in the rear to change the tires on those tiny rims... I watched a video on the split rim wheels - I'd LOVE that - compared to the pain it is to change them...