Ultrasonic cleaner questions

cdestuck

Threads
Thinking of getting a ultrasonic cleaner to cleaning out carbs. Wondering if you guys have found a decent buy on a cleaner? And what kind of cleaner fluid do ya use in these. And how long to you usually leave a carb in these to get a good cleaning. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Harbor freight has a good inexpensive one. After trying about a half dozen different cleaning products, we found that the powder which harbor freight sells works the best for us.

cdestuck

Threads
What kind of time are we talking about to give a carb a good cleaning.

Gsnod

Threads
I see that Harbor Freight has their Chicage Electric 2.5 liter ultrasonic cleaner on sale right now for $69.99, a discount of $30....I'm thinking about getting one also.

tybilly

Threads
let us know how that harbor freight ultrasonic machine works out,right now im just using a gallon of chem dip wich works good,

briggs

Threads
let us know how that harbor freight ultrasonic machine works out,right now im just using a gallon of chem dip wich works good,

yes i would like to know how it works also ..If it works good i will try it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You won't regret it. It's works so well that we have gotten to the point where 90% of the carbs in our shop are put through it when we are doing a tune up. Just remember to clean the exterior of the carb before disaasembly, as the solution will last longer. We get about 5 carbs through before needing to change the bath water.

cdestuck

Threads
You won't regret it. It's works so well that we have gotten to the point where 90% of the carbs in our shop are put through it when we are doing a tune up. Just remember to clean the exterior of the carb before disaasembly, as the solution will last longer. We get about 5 carbs through before needing to change the bath water.

What are you using for your bath water?

briggs

Threads

What do u use for bath water ..Right now i use a 50/50 mix of high test fuel and sea foam to clean them ..But always looking for a better way

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Read post#2, powder and water.