Export thread

Ultrasonic cleaner questions

C

cdestuck

Thinking of getting a ultrasonic cleaner to cleaning out carbs. Wondering if you guys have found a decent buy on a cleaner? And what kind of cleaner fluid do ya use in these. And how long to you usually leave a carb in these to get a good cleaning. Thanks

R

Rivets

Harbor freight has a good inexpensive one. After trying about a half dozen different cleaning products, we found that the powder which harbor freight sells works the best for us.

C

cdestuck

What kind of time are we talking about to give a carb a good cleaning.

G

Gsnod

I see that Harbor Freight has their Chicage Electric 2.5 liter ultrasonic cleaner on sale right now for $69.99, a discount of $30....I'm thinking about getting one also.

T

tybilly

let us know how that harbor freight ultrasonic machine works out,right now im just using a gallon of chem dip wich works good,

briggs

briggs

let us know how that harbor freight ultrasonic machine works out,right now im just using a gallon of chem dip wich works good,

yes i would like to know how it works also ..If it works good i will try it

R

Rivets

You won't regret it. It's works so well that we have gotten to the point where 90% of the carbs in our shop are put through it when we are doing a tune up. Just remember to clean the exterior of the carb before disaasembly, as the solution will last longer. We get about 5 carbs through before needing to change the bath water.

C

cdestuck

You won't regret it. It's works so well that we have gotten to the point where 90% of the carbs in our shop are put through it when we are doing a tune up. Just remember to clean the exterior of the carb before disaasembly, as the solution will last longer. We get about 5 carbs through before needing to change the bath water.

What are you using for your bath water?

briggs

briggs

What do u use for bath water ..Right now i use a 50/50 mix of high test fuel and sea foam to clean them ..But always looking for a better way

R

Rivets

Read post#2, powder and water.

T

tybilly

I bought thie Chicago electric model is that supposed to simulate a boil? cuz all it does is vibrate a little.

davbell22602

davbell22602

I bought the Harbor Freight Chicago heated ultrasonic cleaner back in July. The cleaning powder HF sells is just made for cleaning jewelry not small engine parts. I buy the cleaning solution from design technology dot com aka tinytach dot com. Cleans really well with that solution and its design to clean small engine parts.

briggs

briggs

I bought the Harbor Freight Chicago heated ultrasonic cleaner back in July. The cleaning powder HF sells is just made for cleaning jewelry not small engine parts. I buy the cleaning solution from design technology dot com aka tinytach dot com. Cleans really well with that solution and its design to clean small engine parts.

We don't have HF here in CANADA we have Princess auto and TSC ...I wonder about the powder and water to me washing a carb with water seems wrong lol what solution do u use

davbell22602

davbell22602

We don't have HF here in CANADA we have Princess auto and TSC ...I wonder about the powder and water to me washing a carb with water seems wrong lol what solution do u use

Harbor Freight wont ship to Canada? All my stuff from HF was shipped to me.

briggs

briggs

Harbor Freight wont ship to Canada? All my stuff from HF was shipped to me.

Not sure if they will or not we have a place here called TSC its supposed to be the same as HF

davbell22602

davbell22602

Not sure if they will or not we have a place here called TSC its supposed to be the same as HF

We have the TSC stores in the US and there also referred to as Tractor Supply. They dont have the tools that HF has.

briggs

briggs

We have the TSC stores in the US and there also referred to as Tractor Supply. They dont have the tools that HF has.

DAMMMMMMM lol I will see if they will ship here then lol

davbell22602

davbell22602

DAMMMMMMM lol I will see if they will ship here then lol

I just looked and they ship all over the world. You have to call your order in by phone. The website is for US shipping only.

briggs

briggs

I just looked and they ship all over the world. You have to call your order in by phone. The website is for US shipping only.

thanks i will call them and see what it will cost me to get one here :thumbsup: