Tuff Torq K57 Transmission

Haine2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I am new here. I just bought a new Simplicity Broadmoor Lawn Tractor 23/44 last May. It's has the Tuff Torq K57 transmission. I bought this tractor to hopefully run me for many years. NO problems with it at all...love it.
But...........I have a hilly yard to mow and seeing here on the internet...in five to 10years, the transmission may burn up because of my hilly yard......
Is this true??
Is this something I am going to have to worry about?

Thanks.............

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
No, i have same tractor 2010 year model, 420 hrs. on machine. Read manuals thoroughly to familiarize yourself with tractor. post your 7 digit model number, thanks, Mark.

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en...roductmanuals.html?searchrequested=2691467-01

You're quite welcome Haine2. Just a few tips, use leaf blower after mowing on tractor, no water, washing tractor with water will create multiple problems, electrical & mechanical major issues.
Grease tractor with grease gun per instructions in manual, mine was not greased from dealer. Grease steering sector & pinion gears thoroughly by hand, i wear nitrite rubber gloves. I grease these gears at every service. Check air pressure in tires monthly if not sooner. Always use OEM parts whether Simplicity, Briggs & Stratton, etc. If you have any questions just post them. We have a large group of professional individuals on this website, ready, willing, & able to assist folks.

Last edited:

Haine2

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, i have same tractor 2010 year model, 420 hrs. on machine. Read manuals thoroughly to familiarize yourself with tractor. post your 7 digit model number, thanks, Mark.

Thank You Mark. I really appreciate your reply
Model No. of my tractor is 2691467-01

Haine2

Forum Newbie
Threads

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en...roductmanuals.html?searchrequested=2691467-01

You're quite welcome Haine2. Just a few tips, use leaf blower after mowing on tractor, no water, washing tractor with water will create multiple problems, electrical & mechanical major issues.
Grease tractor with grease gun per instructions in manual, mine was not greased from dealer. Grease steering sector & pinion gears thoroughly by hand, i wear nitrite rubber gloves. I grease these gears at every service. Check air pressure in tires monthly if not sooner. Always use OEM parts whether Simplicity, Briggs & Stratton, etc. If you have any questions just post them. We have a large group of professional individuals on this website, ready, willing, & able to assist folks.

Thanks again so much.....yep..I will give you guys a holler :smile:

Haine2

Forum Newbie
Threads

And Thanks for the Link Mark

CMB1

Threads

Hi Mark, I'm Mike and just joined the forum today. I bought a new Broadmoor yesterday,should be delivered later this week. I need to wait on the dealer to get the Mulch Kit and install it, before they deliver.You mentioned a leaf blower for cleaning, is there any reason I shouldn't use my Air Compressor? Thanks for any help/advise!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Mark, I'm Mike and just joined the forum today. I bought a new Broadmoor yesterday,should be delivered later this week. I need to wait on the dealer to get the Mulch Kit and install it, before they deliver.You mentioned a leaf blower for cleaning, is there any reason I shouldn't use my Air Compressor? Thanks for any help/advise!
Air compressor is just fine, just don't use water.

wrldtvlr

Threads
is there any reason I shouldn't use my Air Compressor?

My experience is that it depends on the size of your air tank. My 2.5 gallon tank didn't provide enough volume to do a decent job of blowing enough air to reach across the entire deck or behind the motor.

CMB1

Threads
My experience is that it depends on the size of your air tank. My 2.5 gallon tank didn't provide enough volume to do a decent job of blowing enough air to reach across the entire deck or behind the motor.
Thanks for the reply, mine's pretty old but it's a 150 psi model,so it should be enough. If not, then it's a good excuse to have to buy a new one! :sneaky:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My bro in law has an older Broadmoor model 1962776. It has held up pretty well for the use it gets. He mows a pretty rough farm yard. It has the big hydro gear trans vs the newer tuff torq. It probably has well over 1000 hours on it. Just last week had to replace the steering sector and pinion. He mows the edge of a 1/4 mile long gravel drive and the dust is insane. I have to pressure wash it everytime i work on it. Had to weld up the front deck mount where rough yard beats it up and replace the idlers and bearings in the deck last year.