Tuff Torq 46

bretonlion

Threads
Hello ..
I am sure this has been raised before .. my apologies for doing it again..
I have a couple of ride on mowers that have Hydro drive gearboxes.. Tuff Torq T46 types
They drive ok for awhile .. then refuse to go up slopes ..
I have renewed the drive belt and idler pulleys .. and shall replace the oil ..
Without taking the boxes to pieces .. which looking at UTube etc is way beyond my skills .. is there anything else I can do ..
Plus .. What oil do you recommend for me to use ..
Thanks ..
P.S .. As someone has said .. Sell them and buy a better one .. But ..As I do not have the resources to that .. I cannot .. Hence me asking ..

Last edited:

gbrewer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello ..
I am sure this has been raised before .. my apologies for doing it again..
I have a couple of ride on mowers that have Hydro drive gearboxes.. Tuff Torq T46 types
They drive ok for awhile .. then refuse to go up slopes ..
I have renewed the drive belt and idler pulleys .. and shall replace the oil ..
Without taking the boxes to pieces .. which looking at UTube etc is way beyond my skills .. is there anything else I can do ..
Plus .. What oil do you recommend for me to use ..
Thanks ..
P.S .. As someone has said .. Sell them and buy a better one .. But ..As I do not have the resources to that .. I cannot .. Hence me asking ..

gbrewer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having the same trouble. All started with rear axle mounting flange breaking off. I made angle iron replacements, remounted, changed oil in K46, renewed ground drive belt.
I found out that you are supposed to renew oil in trans every 200 hours. Who knew? Renewed drive belt in April this year then again in July. I've still got the same problem.
Mower goes slow and will barely pull a small knoll. Maybe I've placed the repair flanges too low or too high. I cannot find structural diagram for height on frame.
I hope one of you will have a solution.
This is a 2009 Husqvarna YTH2348.
Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
if you are referring this
1722096573471.png
Then a repair kit is available to repair the vertical draw bar.

1722096669617.png

gbrewer

Forum Newbie
Threads
if you are referring this
View attachment 69329
Then a repair kit is available to repair the vertical draw bar.

View attachment 69330
Thanks. I've built new brackets with 3 in. angle iron. I think I've moved the new brackets too far forward creating too much slack in the drive belt causing the belt to slip and loosing
torque to the K46. I'll keep you posted on results. I'm going to a friends house and get some real detailed measurements this week. Thanks for the help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You can't move the transaxle forward if the anti-torque bracket is in place which real needs to be there so you don't the ears off again.

kbowley

Threads
Regarding the recommended oil, Use 20w50 synthetic.