TS 242 suspect smart switch issue

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have not ran into these switches but from what I read through other posts they more prone to problems than anything else. A poorly designed switch and meant for what tried using them for. Personally I hope I never ran across one or I in the same boat of converting it over to a keyed switch but that is not a problem as I can follow both diagrams.

Even Husqvarna tech don't how to test these switches. It is a big secret yet you see a test port connection setup.

It most likely a hardwired change at the 20 pin connector if I couldn't find the right housing for the conversion. Is there any marking of that connector to work from? I would like to at research it to see if Mouser has it available. Probably do but I must figure out who manufacture is.

But I think since no diode is shown across the electric PTO clutch coil they are seeing spikes feedback from it to the switch so Bert is probably on to something there.

And Bert it is ridiculous at the cost of the switch. It sorta like what I am looking at here on a Toro Dingo where I needing some rubber dust boots that Toro is wanting around $30 each. Really depends on the source. $25-$60 depending where I order them. Just ridiculous for a simple rubber boot that I can hide in my hand but are necessary to protect the $700 hydraulic manifolds.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, not cheap current cheapest local price is $ 315+ $31,5 GST + $ 15 delivery
So $ 361.5 but the vendor actually does not have them in stock.
$ 422 from Husqvarna and they have no stock either
$ 250 all over the USA + $ 75 delivery because USPS is till not doing small packages to Australia.
Note these are Aust $
Loom for the YTH I last did was over $ 400 but not stocked anywhere

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually my cost on the 586590708 switch is only $142.35 plus shipping if my is below the free ship level. And the suggested list price is $219.00. And places like Jacks is charging above list for them. Even with my commercial account the cost from Jacks is $208.05. Thank goodness that I have reasonable distributor when compared to other sources. Even my second choice distributor is $192.18.

Now there is a place in CA that has the 586590708 switch on their website for $69.95. How accurate the price is unknown or if they even have the right switch listed. I have never purchased from them. But they don't ship outside the US.

https://www.bineax.com/product/husq...ine-original-equipment-manufacturer-oem-part/

Haven't found who makes the 3033-??? smart switch for Husqvarna. That's not on the switch label.