Trying to find the oil filter on my riding mower.

dribron1122

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I reciently bought a new ridding mower a yard machine 36” riding mower. It has a Briggs and Stratton motor model number 22R807-0089 G1
I do not see an oil filter on the motor. I have read the manual and it does not specify if this motor does or does not have an oil filter. Only that some motors do not. So I thought I’d ask here to see what y’all think. My guess is that it does not. But want to make sure that I am not missing it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is no such 22R807-0089-G1. Appears to be a typo as it should be 21R807-0089-G1.

This engine does not have an oil filter per the IPL.

dribron1122

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your correct 22R807. Sorry about that. And thank you!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very few vertical shaft mower engines actually need an oil filter if the oil is changed regularly , best time is the end of each season just after the final mow .
However it makes the engines look substantially better "quality" if a filter is fitted .
Some commercial mowers do need filters where they do more hours per month than most mowers do in their life time .
I have 50 year old mowers in my service run that are working perfectly well and have no oil filter.
The important filter is the air filter
I have never seen an engine destroyed by dirty oil and come i with oil so fouled I have to dilute it to suck it out .
I regularly see engines destroyed because the air filter is bad or not properly sealed to the engine and this can happen in less than a year , particularly on ZTRs that mulch or bag .