Export thread

Trying to find the oil filter on my riding mower.

D

dribron1122

Hello,

I reciently bought a new ridding mower a yard machine 36” riding mower. It has a Briggs and Stratton motor model number 22R807-0089 G1
I do not see an oil filter on the motor. I have read the manual and it does not specify if this motor does or does not have an oil filter. Only that some motors do not. So I thought I’d ask here to see what y’all think. My guess is that it does not. But want to make sure that I am not missing it.

StarTech

StarTech

There is no such 22R807-0089-G1. Appears to be a typo as it should be 21R807-0089-G1.

This engine does not have an oil filter per the IPL.

D

dribron1122

Your correct 22R807. Sorry about that. And thank you!

B

bertsmobile1

Very few vertical shaft mower engines actually need an oil filter if the oil is changed regularly , best time is the end of each season just after the final mow .
However it makes the engines look substantially better "quality" if a filter is fitted .
Some commercial mowers do need filters where they do more hours per month than most mowers do in their life time .
I have 50 year old mowers in my service run that are working perfectly well and have no oil filter.
The important filter is the air filter
I have never seen an engine destroyed by dirty oil and come i with oil so fouled I have to dilute it to suck it out .
I regularly see engines destroyed because the air filter is bad or not properly sealed to the engine and this can happen in less than a year , particularly on ZTRs that mulch or bag .