Trying to chose between two Timecutter MyRides.....?

darksoul251

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have always liked the MX models. Because of the deck seat is better now. They last I got one that I got in 2011. Still going but I was using it commercially. I did replace the deck but if using personally would last longer.

sam.marrocco

Threads
My property is relatively level so no problem there. The Kohler 75747 looks like the model I’m probably purchasing in the spring. The bagger kit will be part of it, but I think I need to build some mods to allow me to use paper bags instead of the cloth that I. Will keep having to empty for leaves. Should be a good summer project. Now if only they had an option for a joystick on the 75747……

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any grade of paper porous enough to allow the volume of air to pass through fast enough will be too weak to support the weight of the grass.
Any paper strong enough to take the weight of the grass & handle the vibrations will not pass enough air.
Baggers are not cyclones they work basically like filters .
If you run bags then you should go to the effort of making sure the mower has a 2 element canister filter as baggers tend to generate a lot of very fine dust right where the engine sucks in it's air .
Also running baggers means that you must remove the blower housing every ear without fail to clean off the engine cooling fins.
The current crop of baggers were originally designed to sit behind tractor style mowers where the engine air intake is a long way away from the dust .

BudLight72

Threads
Any grade of paper porous enough to allow the volume of air to pass through fast enough will be too weak to support the weight of the grass.
Any paper strong enough to take the weight of the grass & handle the vibrations will not pass enough air.
If you run bags then you should go to the effort of making sure the mower has a 2 element canister filter as baggers tend to generate a lot of very fine dust right where the engine sucks in it's air .
Also running baggers means that you must remove the blower housing every ear without fail to clean off the engine cooling fins.
The current crop of baggers were originally designed to sit behind tractor style mowers where the engine air intake is a long way away from the dust .
I did install a two stage air filter but had never thought of removing the housing to access the cooling fins. Thank you very much for an extremely helpful piece of information.

sam.marrocco

Threads

yes, a baffle of some sort would be required to let the grass drop into the bags and heavier particles do in a cyclone.

Lawn Addict
Threads
never thought of removing the housing to access the cooling fins
I was gonna say it's in the maintenance chart, But looked & it is not in mine anyhow.

But I do mine yearly anyhow..

Last edited:

slinger2

Threads
Slinger2,
I found both models (one at each dealership) and they both called and confirmed that they could order those models today if I said 'go'. So they are both definitely a possibility for me.

So the 75745 with the bigger engine is an older model? Good to know that the engines are comparable in terms of reliability.

Thanks.
Sam,
Were you able to order a 75745 for $3699?
If so I'm going to give my dealer hell for not being able to get one for me!

ukrkoz

Threads
I just got a 60'' Timecutter MyRide Toro. 3 weeks ago or so. Only did a few trials and mulched a bunch of last year leaves, stuck by the fence.
I don't really know, how well it will cut, as it's February and no real growing grass yet. So I'll call this "off the hip" impression.
1. got it online, what saved me $800 in tax less $350 shipping from IO to WA. Still a formidable saving, as best price I could get from brick and mortat store was Tractor Supply, what would have been tax PLUS $200 shipping.
2. got it through AE Outdoor Power Equipment. Can't praise them more. VERY nice experience. VERY. Delivery took only a week. Liftgate to my property. Recommend to anyone.
3. Back to mower. Will start with gripe. Legal force must be very strong with Toro as it's way overdone on safety. Here's what it takes to start the machine: Sit dow and don't move(safety switch is trigger happy)>handlebars in neutral>choke up>clutch switch down>parking brake handle up/engaged> throttle half way open>turn key>engine starts> press down choke button>LOWER THE PARKING BRAKE(disengage) or, engine will turn off the very moment you start moving handlebars out of N. I'm like - seriously? And it's my thrid ZTR and fifth mower, not counting push one. Seriously? What happened to turn key and go?
4. Handlebars control is super sensitive. Slightest bars movement results in rather sharp response. What, in its turn, results in very precise operation when you want to stop. You have to be spacecraft precise on bars position.
5. I ended up with Toro engine. Wasn't supposed to but... Starts and runs, sounds healthy and powerful yet... it clearly bogs, when clutch is engaged. Bogs and goes back to normal operation, what makes wonder - hmm, give it a bit of tall and wet grass, what will happen?
6. Now, that's it for gripes. MyRide is very nice indeed. Still fine tuning it but I can clearly see - and feel - how seat moves independent from the frame.
7. I have 1.25 acre of wetland and it willl go through puddles with wet grass and mud without hesitation. I was going, as usual, to replace drive tires with ATV ones but, apparently, no need to. Goes up 35% hill without hesitation on wet grass. I didn't lose traction even once and I ran it up and sideways on my wet hills.
8. Feels very solid. First ZTR I can step onto the deck to sit in chair without deck even noticing it. Everything appears to be thick and solid.
9. Has deck lift assist. That is a nice touch.
10 A bit short for tall owners. Seat could move back more, at my 6' 2.5'' feels a bit crammed and seat is all the way back.
Will put it to real mowing soon enough, will report back.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, the controls are very touchy. Trick I’ve learned when getting used to Z-turns, grab the handles so your thumbs are touching. This allows you to feel what each control is doing and shortens the learning curve. Also allows you to look forward instead of down as you learn to control the unit. After a short period the controls will become natural.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For women I tell them to consider it is a shopping trolley
for men I tell them to only steer with their dominant hand .
For most that is the right hand
So the right hand goes forward for left turns & back for right turns
The left is just used to speed control .
It is all about muscle memory
Once you stop concentrating about how far to move the right hand, the left will automatically cut in