Trying to chose between two Timecutter MyRides.....?

sam.marrocco

Threads
Greetings!
I am planning to purchase my first mower (and other related devices) this spring. I have approximately 3/4" of an acre or relatively flat lawn which I've always had mulched. I've narrowed my options down to the Toro Zero-turn Timecutter 42" MyRide models (to help my sensitive spine) and a Recycle/mulching kit. I'll probably pull a small fertilizer tow-behind, a dethatcher, a sweeper or other small items.

I've spoken with several local dealers, and each has suggested models that the other does not seem to know exist (go figure!). Research on the Toro web site seems to reveal the two primarily suggested models as:

SN75747, Toro priced at $4299, with a 22 HP Kohler engine.
SN75745, Toro priced at #3699, with a 24.5 HP Toro Commercial V-Twin 708cc engine with Self-Cleaning Air Filter Housing.

Other than the engine and price, I can find no other differences between the two models.

Does anyone have either of these, or know of what the real-world differences would be between these two models? Obviously one has more HP and a different engine, but I don't know enough about the Toro or Kohler engines to know if one is more reliable than the other or worth $600 more. I'm planning on performing most general maintenance myself.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back in 2014, I bought my Timecutter 4260 w/Kaw power. Never any issue from it. Had it for 7 some years & up-sized just cause I had a chance to.. Mine had all the bells & whistles.. (hourmeter, deck lift pedal, floor mat, tallest seat, etc.)

Either of those 2 you listed should have same EZT 2100 Hydros.. & other the different engines, same machines. The Toro branded engines are made in lonchin, china, but many say they do good.. Just FYI.

And those I think have 3 speed range selections, mine had 2. Ask the Dealers to let you test ride each..Don't be shy..

sam.marrocco

Threads
Back in 2014, I bought my Timecutter 4260 w/Kaw power. Never any issue from it. Had it for 7 some years & up-sized just cause I had a chance to.. Mine had all the bells & whistles.. (hourmeter, deck lift pedal, floor mat, tallest seat, etc.)

Either of those 2 you listed should have same EZT 2100 Hydros.. & other the different engines, same machines. The Toro branded engines are made in lonchin, china, but many say they do good.. Just FYI.

And those I think have 3 speed range selections, mine had 2. Ask the Dealers to let you test ride each..Don't be shy..
Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately I cannot test drive either model. Local dealers don’t have either in stock until I order them. The big questions would be what am I getting for $600 more and is it worth it? More reliability? Less expensive maintenance? Noticeable power? More prestige <kidding>?

slinger2

Threads
FYI you will probably not find a 75745 anywhere, and if you do, it won't be for that price! Even used, that (slightly older) model is hard to come by. I find the Toro engines to be built just as well (even better in some aspects!) as the Kohler so I would not let that sway your opinion, however, my dealer has told me that the Toro engine will either be discontinued or will be used much less going forward as the cost of that engine from China has gone way up due to tariffs. Looks like the 75747 is your only option in that deck size if you want the MY Ride option, unless the 2023 models offer something different. Good Luck!

sam.marrocco

Threads
FYI you will probably not find a 75745 anywhere, and if you do, it won't be for that price! Even used, that (slightly older) model is hard to come by. I find the Toro engines to be built just as well (even better in some aspects!) as the Kohler so I would not let that sway your opinion, however, my dealer has told me that the Toro engine will either be discontinued or will be used much less going forward as the cost of that engine from China has gone way up due to tariffs. Looks like the 75747 is your only option in that deck size if you want the MY Ride option, unless the 2023 models offer something different. Good Luck!

Slinger2,
I found both models (one at each dealership) and they both called and confirmed that they could order those models today if I said 'go'. So they are both definitely a possibility for me.

So the 75745 with the bigger engine is an older model? Good to know that the engines are comparable in terms of reliability.

Thanks.

slinger2

Threads
Just slightly...I think it came out around 2020-21, but there haven't been many updates at all to the Timecutter since then so I would jump all over that model if you could get it for $3699 as you stated. There should be plenty of parts for those engines down the road if you need them. The only trouble is you sort of have to go through Toro for their engine parts as opposed to other engine manufacturers.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Parts tree is a decent source for Toro parts, Least that's what I saw a while back..

slinger2

Threads
Slinger2,
I found both models (one at each dealership) and they both called and confirmed that they could order those models today if I said 'go'. So they are both definitely a possibility for me.

So the 75745 with the bigger engine is an older model? Good to know that the engines are comparable in terms of reliability.

Thanks.
I don't think your dealer really checked with Toro on the 75745's availability, and certainly not for $3699.
I just spoke to Toro, and unless you can find one of these at a dealer, you cannot order one from the factory.
Why don't you check again or call Toro before you try to make a decision on a model that's not really available.
If you dealer truly can get one from somewhere better jump on it...but again I won't believe it until you tell us you bought it 😁 Good luck!

Lawn Addict
Threads
And think about replacement parts availability (if / when needed) .. If it is no longer available, are parts ?

BudLight72

Threads
I have the 75747 with my ride I guess going on my third year. My property isn’t level and was a bit disappointed with the traction so I upsized my tires and wheels. I purchased mine with the bagging system and immediately added an hour meter. I’ve also fabricated a chute blocker to keep debris out of my wife’s flower beds when not bagging. I am extremely pleased with the unit. My preference was for the kohler engine. This was based on research that I did at that time. Can’t speak to better reliability over the toro engine but I have had zero issues with mine. I feel confident that I made the right decision.