Troy Built vs Ariens - Entry level

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Im not really concerned about brand name of the mower as I am of the brand name of the engine. So if I was shopping new or used mower I'd buy one that has the Kohler command vtwin on it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Appreciate the feed back so far everyone!!!

If you guys had to recommend a mower in my price range, have any suggestions? Sine you all are saying wouldn't get a troy even if its better.

In that price range most of the lawn tractors are basically going to be the same. Ariens, Troy JD anything you'd buy at Lowes or Home Depot. If you move up to the 15 to$1600 range you can get into the Cub Cadets with a 20 hp single cylinder or maybe theV-Twin Kohler engines which are a real good mowers. I personally am not a fan of a Briggs, the ones I've owned have been poor quality and full of problems that's why I said I wouldn't buy either. If you want some good advice I'd stay away from HD and Lowes and find a good dealer, talk to them about a lawn tractor and let them set you up with something and you'll have a good warranty and service department to back up your equipment. Ask Carscw he's here on the forum what he paid for his Cub Cadet LTX 1040 he uses his commercially and has all kind of hours on it and I think it cost like 12 or $1300 Drop him a PM he can fill you in on the Cubs

possum

Threads
No way to argue with Ric on this.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can get a 2013 LTX 1040 for $1200 from a dealer.
I feel in this price range it is the best mower.
I will spare everyone my long drawn out review.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

aladine

Forum Newbie
Threads
I called 3 Vendors that are local , $1640, 1499, and 1499 :(

None were willing to budge on the price.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I called 3 Vendors that are local , $1640, 1499, and 1499 :( None were willing to budge on the price.

I just called my dealer he only has the one been sitting there a few months and he wants it gone that's why it is $1200.
Sorry I misled you.
Even at $1500 it is a very good mower

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
No problem, thank you for all the help. Due to the price factor I may be able to get the Troy Bronco. Its $1080 after 10% coupon I have. Shop Troy-Bilt Bronco 19 HP Automatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower with Kohler Engine at Lowes.com Has a single cylinder Kohler Engine, and going from what everyone here said may be a better mower. Reviews are not half bad as well.

This is a very good mower with a good engine.
Only things I do not like is no cruise control and only 2 ani scalp wheels.

I would say for the price this is one of the better mowers.